Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after I had my problem of the truck cutting out under load. I changed the COPs(all 8) and all the spark plugs, plus the fuel fitler and Air Intake Sensor.

And right after I back out of the garage and go down the street "check engine" light comes on.

P0113 intake air sensor. AGAIN!

What should I look at now?

·
Registered
679 Posts
These are strait from fordtech. It's not a bad PCM. I would start checking voltages at the sensor and then resistance checks on the wires. Just gotta find what pin's on the PCM

The Grey wire is VREF

Open circuit in harness
Sensor signal short to power
Damaged sensor
Improper harness connection
Damaged PCM

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
Wiring.... usually if its not the sensor its the wiring. Soon as you get a diagram you need to unhook the pcm and the sensor and check resistance from both ends of the curcuit. im going to bet you have a little loose wire or something. Pin might have stretched out the female side of the harness since you've had it apart and causing a loose conection also.

hell before you do anything unhook the main wiring harness on the back of the pcm and just plug it back in... could be a "fretting issue" microscopic corossion that happens to older vehicals. if you see any other harnesses in line to the pcm disconect and inspect and hook them back up if they look cool could be it issue.... happens quite often

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
looks like you need to test the curcuit.... man if i was at the school i could get you a pin diagram and you could find that wire in about 15min. damn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.