Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just needed to know do those threaded posts on the back of the guage serve any purpose?
the pic. in the instructions shows wire on it, but mine came with a clip in harness for pwr,gnd,etc.
Can I just cut them so they sit in the pod?
Thanks everyone,
Bryan

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks anyway I just got the answer...
thats why it pays to do all the research before you start a project at 11 pm...lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Those post you speak of are only there if you are installing the gauge into the dash or behind a plastic or metal panel. You can cut them off with a pair of ***** or Pliers that will cut them, for the gauge to fit into your piller pod. Hope this helps. Also, if you install a Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge , we have the Pigtail Harness (plug & play) to hookup the Purple-Signal, Red-Postive, Black-ground wires.

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/lightning/ec_af_gauge_pigtail.htm

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Terry,
Thank you for the answer. In the future I'll be looking to get a A/F guage...
I'll keep ya in mind for the pigtail harness.
Thanks again,
Bryan

·
Registered
270 Posts
terry how much do those pigtails run and are they easy to install my friend installed the air/fuel for me cuz im retarded when it comes to gauges and electriclal stuff lol. everything is wired and in how long would it take to put one in?

·
Registered
301 Posts
the pigtail's purpose is so you dont have to splice off your factory O2 sensor... you just unplug the O2 harness.. plug the harness you just removed and attatch it to the pigtail... then the other side of the pigtail goes on the O2 sensor (like an extention).. then just solder (or use a butt connector) to longer wires which you'll route to the inside of the cab.. badabing.. it covers 3 of the 4 wires on your A/F gauge (red-12v power black-ground purple-O2 signal).. the 4th goes to illumination which i spliced into the headlight switch dimmer..

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi USAF_Eagle,
Thank you for the info,
Would this part work with the Wide band commander?
I'd like to get one in the near future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts