Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may seem like a dumb question to most, but I just picked up my 99 L after having an expedition and I knew where the oil cap was on that but I can't find it on my L in the engine bay.

Can someone please post a photo on where I am supposed to add the oil in? Sorry if this seems dumb to most but I'm getting familiar with my new engine.

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
I know this may seem like a dumb question to most, but I just picked up my 99 L after having an expedition and I knew where the oil cap was on that but I can't find it on my L in the engine bay.

Can someone please post a photo on where I am supposed to add the oil in? Sorry if this seems dumb to most but I'm getting familiar with my new engine.
It is towards the front of the passenger side valve cover.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mind posting a pic? Don't want to pour it in the wrong spot. The guy who I bought mine from made a make-shift oil separator and I can't tell if he put it on top of where I am supposed to pour it in. I am in the process of doing a lot of work on it and want to make sure I don't add it in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
If you have a oil return it might be under it

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Do you mind posting a pic? Don't want to pour it in the wrong spot. The guy who I bought mine from made a make-shift oil separator and I can't tell if he put it on top of where I am supposed to pour it in. I am in the process of doing a lot of work on it and want to make sure I don't add it in the wrong spot.
I am on my iPad and it does not get along well with posting pictures. I will see if I can link you to one or maybe someone else can post one up.

Post up a picture of what you have there if possible.

EDIT. Looks like Matt beat me to it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just pull up on the separator and it will pop out. Unscrew the cap and fill. Screw cap back on and pop separator back onto cap...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is no cap under separator. Is there a special cap that it needs? Not sure what this guy did. Its just sitting loosely inside where the oil cap should be.

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts
Once you pull the separator from the oil cap put something under the hole because oil will drain out of the bottom.. I use a spray paint cap

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Just pull straight up on the maroon can sitting on top of the oil cap and wrap a rag or something under the bottom and set it off behind the oil fill neck, then you can unscrew the oil cap.. we both have the L&S oil Separator, its about $180 new.. you can PM me if you want.

Adam

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts
You're welcome! :cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts