Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hours of reading I am still very confused if not more so than to begin with. I know this topic has been beatin to death but it looks like alot of people are still asking questions. I want the oil out of my intake and off of my I/C. Can you guys post what has worked for you and maybe some pictures of your setup to help me and others who may have the same questions about this. I just want to know once and for all what works and what doesn't, what NOT to do and what to do when in comes to an oil seperator. Should I put a breather on one cover and a seperator on the other? Should I only put a seperator on with a breather on the top of it or should it be a sealed seperator. Should the pcv system remain sealed or is it ok to have it vented?
Again I am sry to create another thread about this topic but it still seems to be a very important subject to lots of people. thx.

·
Banned for Bullshitting about 6/8 Drop
3,137 Posts
just buy the 35$ oil separator sold by a member on this site. You will not need a breather because your PCV system will not be sealed or deleted. Everything will function the same it will just separate the oil from your PCV system as it is drawn into your intake.

·
GoD GiVeN
1,951 Posts
When doing a separator do you just do the passenger side or both?
A lot of guys just do the passenger side, but if you are still getting oil in the intake tube and dirtying your air filter, then they move on to doing the driver side also... I dont have a pic of my set up, but hopefully somebody will attach a pic for you

-Adam

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
what's so bad about the PCV delete and adding breathers?
Oil all over the engine bay and smelling the oil fumes.
I have my L&S hooked to both sides.

To the OP Get a L&S oil separator and be done with it.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
delete it..Ive had mine deleted for about 8k miles now and have no oil leaks, smelling, or any problems others say. Maybe Im a lucky one. I got tired of draining the seperator and wasnt paying almost $200 for the better brand seperator.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Jlt separators are $45...I had the delete on my L a long time ago and didn't have any problems either but aftercare while I did. There was a HUGE write up on why you should keep it and not delete it a couple of years ago. Fade 2 black posted it iirc.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
There are oil separators and then there are other oil separators. Some are basic catch cans and some are maintenance free and actually recirculate the oil. If you're happy with a catch can just look up "oil catch can" on eBay and pick whatever you like. If you want a maintenance free setup L&S is the most popular and it works.

Mike

·
Genital Contractor
2,088 Posts
Oil all over the engine bay and smelling the oil fumes.
I have my L&S hooked to both sides.

To the OP Get a L&S oil separator and be done with it.

id love to see how that setup is laid out man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts