Lightning Rodder banner

oil leak from valve cover

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Certified Drunk 
#1 ·
I’ve put about 1500 miles on my new motor. I had oil coming out the drive side valve cover from the 90 degree tube that isn’t hooked up to anything . This never happened on my old motor. I have a oil separator on the passenger side but nothing was hooked up on the driver side. The oil coming out of the driver side is that blow by or oil coming up from the camshaft? If so what’s ideal for the driver side having a breather or another oil separator?

#5 ·
That 90 degree on the driver's side hooks to the underside of the elbow on the intake. Air enters the engine on the driver's side, and exits on the passenger side via the PCV valve. My oil separator is overtop the PCV valve, catching the oil before it enters the plenum. It's actually beneficial for your engine to have the PCV working. Cool air blowing through the engine from the driver's side to the passenger side. I have to drain my separator about every 1000 miles, and it darn near fills a rattle can lid. Typical boosted engine application.

#7 · (Edited)
If you want to restore your PCV system back to active, SVT Tim has everything you would need, including an oil separator for the passenger side and the hose for the driver's side. Since the passenger side is the outlet side, and the driver's side is the inlet side, you only need an oil separator on the passenger side. If I was you, I'd do that. The PCV system is beneficial.

Just say so and I'll pass you his phone number. He has some exceptionally nice hose products available, including really nice shorty heater hoses, that make them invisible to the naked eye. An IAC hose that wraps around behind the blower instead of in front of it. And some really nice intercooler hoses that eliminate the hard lines on the passenger side of the blower and route over to the fender.

I always promote his stuff, it's super nice. I get nothing for it.

#10 ·
I don't know why you double quoted me without typing anything in response. I can safely assume you want Tim's number? I'll pm it to you. Look for a conversation notification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.