Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm looking to replace my OEM belt tensioner and I'm seeing these 2 part numbers, Motorcraft BT63 and BT65.
The tensioners look identical in the advertising pics for both. Both have ribbed pulleys.
Does anyone know which one is for the supercharger?
They are priced different, so I was also wondering if they were sprung different internally as well.
Thanks for any enlightenment!

PS.
I'm chasing down belt slip currently, just put on a new gatorback today, it seems better, but I still want the peace of mind from throwing on a new tensioner.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
This says 6B209. Idk hopefully itll help ya. I dont think thats right. Im pretty sure the supercharger belt has ribs. Thats showing a plain pulley.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after inspecting the pics of each tensioner pulley, it appears the BT-65 has six ribs, and I count eight on the BT-63 pulley, so I think I found the answer! I couldn't find a definitive answer on this, so I hope this helps someone else.:cool:
BT-63 is the supercharger belt tensioner.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,778 Posts
Either way, the one on the accessory drive and the one on the blower drive are interchangeable. I've swapped them before, no problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just replaced it this week on my 99. BT63. One of the bolts snapped on me so be careful. I had to take the bracket off to get the bolt out and noticed one of the idler pulleys was making noise so i replaced both (12 each on amazon) in addition to the tensioner. I got the tensioner from Rock Auto.

Good luck!
Ah thanks for that tip, good looking out on the link for the pulleys!

·
(THE ORIGINAL) SMOKINTRUCK#1
255 Posts
Manual tensioner and three custom pulleys. Just sayin.
Just throw on a magnum powers bracket and u won’t have any slippage

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,778 Posts
Just throw on a magnum powers bracket and u won’t have any slippage
Number one, why do you think I have three idler pulleys? Magnum Powers bracket already there. Number two, COGS. No slippage. Also Magnum Powers blower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts