Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
You could try Tasca Ford or White Bear Lake Autonation, but I do believe you are searching for a "unicorn" part. Plenty of used ones on Ebay, maybe one in "like new" condition.

·
Registered
338 Posts
the post I lost trying to edit ..

lightning version of my air box .. tube from box to t-b changes

the night I put mine in I went for a good long drive
"real time" mpg shown on my edge tuner went from 21 to 23 mpg - driving at a steady 40-50 mph

the volant filter is not oiled so no worries about the MAF
- and NO TUNE needed because .. maf - disconnect battery , ecu "relearns' at startup

and mine's going on eight or nine years old .. maybe?

I haven't needed to do anything but wash the filter a few times - prob 40-50 thousand miles on it now (?)
deff a better filter element than K&N

the coil connectors I have to recommend outright every time as the single best thing I've done to my modest old truck
probably the best spent $200 in the truck

solid stainless cable .. coil to plug (blue silicone boots)

gave me a throttle pedal with "snap on" - snap off" crispness and took away a fuzziness I didn't know the truck had ..until..
I doubt the MSD coils make much difference - though I haven't had to replace one yet (going on 4 years)
truck's had 14-16 ford coils since new so I refuse to give ford more $$ now..

after the install I thought about those ford spring connectors .. and high voltage cable that sometimes move when the current first goes through them....thus going back to my comment about "fuzziness"

N A 5.4 with air filter , coils & connectors and an edge tuner set on the performance level and I get 25 mpg driving at 50-55 (msd "stacker 8" box is not plugged in yet)

- for real
(and that's driving up the "continental grade" if you will - going north here is up hill)
though if I push it at 60-70 mph my mileage tanks to 15-17 without downgrading the tune first

driving , the coil connectors are more notable than any air filter will be too

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I have a stock 2000 Lightning airbox (80 mm) off my Lightning in my attic with a K&N filter. Don't know what it's worth. LMK if you are interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anybody know where a new-in-box Ford OEM air filter box can be found for a 2000 L? Dealership mechanic ineptitude caused the lip on the lid of mine to warp.
I have an Air Box, a K&N filter and Motorcraft filter off of my 2000 Lightning that I would be willing to part with. Lat me know if you are interested.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an Air Box, a K&N filter and Motorcraft filter off of my 2000 Lightning that I would be willing to part with. Lat me know if you are interested.

Thank you
Still available?
I have a stock 2000 Lightning airbox (80 mm) off my Lightning in my attic with a K&N filter. Don't know what it's worth. LMK if you are interested.
Still available?

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,222 Posts
When you hover your cursor over his avatar, you will see he hasn't been on in a little over a month. May have to wait a while.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts