Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys my question is can I install my front o2s after the high flow cats?? The reason im asking is because the obx mid pipe has some bungs already. And im deleting the back ones. But I dont know id they will b to far away from air flow to pick up any lean code or other codes in the feuture??

Yes I do have a wide band as well. Thanks guys. I plan to finish my installation this weekend.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I put the sensor in the front o2 bungs in the cats on my obx longtubes and catted mid pipes.I put the wideband sensor in the bung directly behind it in the cat(on the drivers side).I havent had any problems for over a year.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,123 Posts
Readings are meant to be made in front of the cats. If the readings are made after the cats the PCM will not know how to adjust the AFR.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'd put it before the cats. alot of the companies put the bung directly on the cat, right before the catalyst bricks. There's a 2-4" area while the diameter increases for the catalyst brick, bring that puppy down to a muffler shop and have them weld a bung on the inlet side of the cat you intend to use, that is the way my dynatechs are configured

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ok thanks guys. So that means they will go before the cats. And can my wideband o2 sensor can go after my cat? Or would I get a false A/F??
O2s need to go before cats if you want it to run stoichio during closed loop. The wideband sensor can go either before or after, but realize if it's after the cat it will read about .2 lean.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yea like said above,the front o2 sensors need to go in the front o2 bungs and if you have a wideband,it can go in the rear o2 bung in the cat.I have had this set up for about a year without issues and always a good afr reading.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Trying to understand this. I had my cats deleted, straight pipes welded in; so I will get good AF readings if I use the rear O2 bung for my WB? I am putting it in this weekend if so if not I am just going to wait till I put in new exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.