6,714 Posts

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the 305's on my extra stock wheels. They have done good for me so far but I have only got a 1.81 short time, I know they'll do better once I get my suspension sorted out and learn how to launch. I just rolled into the throttle from idle quickly and there was no spin, just go. On the street they are way better than the regular 555's I run daily. Don't let my 60' time discourage you, I only have 2 passes on them and still trying to figure out how to launch. Built motor, Whipple, stock convertor and suspension other than long bars, almost full weight DD. Once it cools off I'm going to the 1/8 mile track and launch it until I figure out what she likes.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Go with 305 I have them on my truck n they hook good. Discount tire I just picked them up for 216.00 each best deal I could find. GL

·
Registered
281 Posts
im a dealer for nitto i own/run a performance tire/rim shop in south texas... i have installed many different applications and on a stock rim 305/45 would be perfect they have a little more meat to them , an like stated in an above post you dont wanna just throw the widest tire on a rim, matching the width of the rim to the width of the tire is crucial if you want maximum perfeomance out of your tire , its best to stick to the guidlines over and make the most of your investment.......

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
i have the NT05R and they dont hook from a 20 roll with my truck. next set i get will be M&Hs 315/40/18.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
i have the NT05R and they dont hook from a 20 roll with my truck. next set i get will be M&Hs 315/40/18.
with a built 2.3 I dont see alot of tires hooking from a roll

·
Registered
281 Posts
m&h makes some good tires aswell... trucks need more sidewall to hook up , 35 to 45 series tires are to thin in my opinion for a truck ,, when my truck is back up for my street setup im a give m&h a try an see what they do .... goona run a 30 or 31 for my drag setup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts