Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little history first;

Some of you may or may not know the history of my 01 Lightning running times at lower boost than most thought were possible.

My stock motor went 11.89 with all the bolt ons and 2lb lower pulley and 1lb upper pulley, and even now with my full tilt race motor breaking into the 10's @ only 14lbs of boost and running 10.59 @ 17lbs of boost. Many have wondered how I have accomplished such goals and I am now going to share with everyone one of the secrets that make my total combination successful.

Single blade throttle body users will benefit from this service. Stock tbody users will also benefit, but it cost a tad more.

Much like the Apten/Steig port jobs, I cant post pictures of what I do, nor can I describe what I do, lets just say that you will notice a difference. I feel that this upgrade does contribute to an overall package of small things that you can do to your vehicle to extact every little bit of HP/TQ from your combination.

Much like the Plasma Booster that has sometimes been laughed at, but to this day still proves itself on a daily basis, this upgrade will help.

To this day there are three Lightnings running this upgrade and all three perform better, and on a consistant basis, than anyone expects and those three are:

BTJ's Heaton Powered [email protected] of boost Lightning
Nuno's stock block KB'd 65kmile, [email protected] Lightning
WMS's 10.59 17lbs KB'd Lightning

To get the ball rolling on this upgrade, here is what I am offering..

The first person to give me a call for this service will get it for free, thats right FREE!!!!!

Then that person must post their experience with the upgrade (but no pictures please) and their thoughts on if it is worth the money.... then the rest of you decide if you want to take advantage of this service.

This service is offered at $75 plus shipping, and for you stock tbody users, its $100 plus shipping.

As a bonus, when you get this service done, you will also receive with your upgraded throttle body another "secret" to unlocking even more hidden power...

Thanks for your time fellow Lightningrodder enthusiasts, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

[email protected]
410-259-8737

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
It's good stuff for sure!

Now I just gotta find me a BilletFlow before next Saturday!

Later...
Bruce

G

·
How stupid could anyone be to fall for this JJ? So no pictures, and you won't describe what your doing. So basically, you could just shit on a T/B and send it back and say you did something.

Ok fine whatever, I got a better idea, since i'm not in Jersey or wherever your at, and since your so confident, i've got a Dynojet at my disposal, how about you send me your Area 51 mods and i'll test them independently. I'll post the good, bad, and ugly. Not just here, NLOC, NHTOC, local forums, wherever you want.

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryan Allen said:
How stupid could anyone be to fall for this JJ?  So no pictures, and you won't describe what your doing.  So basically, you could just shit on a T/B and send it back and say you did something.

Ok fine whatever, I got a better idea, since i'm not in Jersey or wherever your at, and since your so confident, i've got a Dynojet at my disposal, how about you send me your Area 51 mods and i'll test them independently.  I'll post the good, bad, and ugly.  Not just here, NLOC, NHTOC, local forums, wherever you want. 
Ryan,

What I am trying to do is share some of the little tricks that I do to all of my local customers rides, and from their performance along with mine, something is sure working and I figured if I shared these little tips, it would help those that are interested in getting the most out of their combination.

Its called "improving upon a part", and I have done just that with the throttle body modification.

I'm laying it out on the line here for all to see, the first one is free and the results and opinions of the owner of that free mod will be given without any bias whatsoever. (BTW, the first free one spot is already taken).

When the ported blowers first came out, there were no pictures of them for a bit and thats because if someone takes the time to improve upon a part and it works, they should get not only the credit for doing so, but they should reap the benefits of their time and energy doing so. 75 bucks isnt alot of dough and I've seen people spend alot more for alot less.

All of you, as enthusiasts are the best critic of what you think is money well spent, that is the reason why I am doing the first one for free. If the opinions of the first free tbody mod owner are negative and their opinion overall is that it isnt worth the money, then I say "nothing ventured, nothing gained", and we will move on, but my personal opinion is that this mod along with other small things you can do to extract the n'th degree from your combination of parts is worth the time and energy.

Single blade throttle body's have been advertised with 8-10Hp gains, I'm confident that my mod will make a few (2-4?) more under exact same conditions. The proof is in the pudding so to speak and if the first one comes back positive, I would hope that you will still post everywhere that my mod works. I am also hoping that you will send me yours for modification as well. :D :D

Thanks for your time.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Ryan, why so negative on JJ all the time ?

I know JJ a good three years plus now and yes he has pissed some people off along the way. Why ? Because he speaks his mind, (so do I, and I have also pissed many off as a result). Not everyone likes every tuner or person, as we all see all day long on assorted Forums with the Vendor / Member bashing, but we DONT do that here.

When you think about it, there is never a reason to not be open to their products and Mods no matter what your personal feelings are. Do I look at every Vendor as a personal Friend "NO", but some are, and I have done business with THEM ALL. When someone finds a trick, a new mod, something they put their time effort and most likely failures into, and then get it right, I CAN understand them not wanting someone to steal the idea overnight, WHICH WE ALL KNOW HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

AMOF I was prob the most verbal on the APTEN Port because they restricted everyone from posting pictures. I was in fact the first to post pictures and start a war with Bryan over it, hehehe, looking back I was def wrong for doing it. I was also one of the first to have "and the person that OFICIALLY NAMED the WASP",
Wes Apten Style Port :LOL
And your dam right the original was very close in design to their Port (and 1/2 the price) :D
Just as good in my book too..... All it took was a few pictures being posted and EVERYONE had a Ported Eaton to sell "all of a sudden". Now years later there seems to be a new King in town, haven't seen any pictures of that one on the net, "and I of course understand why"
(cause there's people like me around) hehehehehehe......

So as much as I dont personally like secrete Mod's, (we're not allowed to see), I do however understand the reason the people behind them want it that way. I guess we'll all have to just sit back and wait for the reviews on this one.......

G

·
This is horseshit Rob. 75 dollars for '2-4' hp?  And he won't say what he's doing.  Sorry Rob, JJ will never earn my respect. 

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ryan,

It definatey sounds like you've got a burr under your saddle for JJ. Re-read his post - the first one is free to someone. That person can test the shit out of it (flowbench, track, dyno - before and afters for each) then report his findings to this and any other group - just no pictures. That sounds like a very fair and equitable approach. I wish other evndors would offer this same type of "pilot program". I'll be on their list as permanent first interested party!

If you have issues with JJ, don't use him as a vendor or as a tuner. JJ, or any other vendor/tuner for that matter, does not need your respect, but you could at least have respect for those that may be interested in the services.

BTW - how many people out there have spent that much or way more for no appreciable HP gains (cat-backs, SBTB on stock motors, HE and HE fan upgrades, etc.)

Herb

G

·
Ok if other people want to be stupid and buy a catback and a SBTB and put them on a stock motor and expect a gain, they should be first in line for whatever this is. Yes, i've got a burr for JJ, a big one, and i'm willing to bet so does 95% of NLOC and F150online. I'm not going to sit here and be positive and blow someone over something like this. If the rest of the population wants to pretend their IQ is 6 for a few days and do this, feel free.

Give me a little more info as to what process is being performed, i'll ease back, until then this is a just a thread for my amusement.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's sort of my whole point Ryan. The first person that does this is to report their findings. JJ asked that no pictures be posted - he didn't say that the person cannot tell what was done.

I am not in line to pay money for something that is not defendable or describable, but if its experimentation for free that may benefit others, I'm all for it.

In my opinion, there is only so much that can be done to a TB, especially for $75-$100. At most I would think this would be some sort of bore porting, but that would only make sense for the stock, not the SBTB. Other than that, its TPS postion, butterfly size/angle or back-cutting the throttle shafts for more of an airfoil affect, maybe smoothing down the butterfly fasteners or airfoiling the butterfly leading and trailing edges? I don't know, but I too am curious to hear from the first taker.

Herb

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...

I am still running both the factory TB and cat-back for exactly those reasons - the benefit does not outweigh the cost , for ME, at MY power levels and for MY combination. Other folks will have a different scale by which they compare things when they perform a cost/benefit analysis. Some guys have more money to spend and gamble with - I don't.

Herb

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ryan Allen said:
Ok if other people want to be stupid and buy a catback and a SBTB and put them on a stock motor and expect a gain, they should be first in line for whatever this is.  Yes, i've got a burr for JJ, a big one, and i'm willing to bet so does 95% of NLOC and F150online.  I'm not going to sit here and be positive and blow someone over something like this.  If the rest of the population wants to pretend their IQ is 6 for a few days and do this, feel free.

Give me a little more info as to what process is being performed, i'll ease back, until then this is a just a thread for my amusement.
Tell ya what Ryan, Send me yours, pay for shipping both ways and I'll do yours for free as well. (only if you promise to give an unbiased review of if what I do is worth 75 dollars, with no pictures posted) I await your response.

Also, you would be very suprised at how many people do contact me on a daily basis asking for information or technical help because I am the only vendor/tuner that is available 24/7. My phone number is my cell number and I will answer it no matter what time of day. F150 members call me, NLOC members call me as well as members of other boards, and those exact same people that you think have issues with me, buy from me and we all get along at the track. Dont be misled by others attempts to discredit me. My customers and myself wouldnt have been featured in magazines, interviewed and featured on this site, and perform as well as our vehicles do if I were such a bad guy.... LOL

I must be doing something right eh?

PS, I think I'm also the only ASE Certified Master Technician working on these vehicles.

[email protected]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, I'm the guy who's getting the freebie from JJ. Don't think it has to be a secret. I will give an honest opinion, and I appreciate the JJ offered this.

I do a bit of modding to all my vehicles to say the least. And I like to datalog, dyno, or take it to the track to verify the results. Seat of the pants (with a few exceptions) is not any kind of proof.

I have no idea at this point what the mod is but I'm willing to let JJ show me what he can do. Plus the price is right. It isn't going to be a huge power adder and he doesn't claim it to be. It's a small piece of a large puzzle. Many of the small pieces only add very small amounts of power/torque, but you get enough small pieces in the right combination it adds up to measurable gains.

Jody

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
right on camcojb
we all ... well lets say a lot of us have spent money
looking for a few more RWHP. I have somewhere around
1200 to 1300 in one MOD that only netted me 23 RWHP.
When time comes for a built motor then I hope it will
help more. Your money is your money spent it like you want. :smt023

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to burst your bubble or anything JJ, but I can guarantee you that you are not the only ASE master tech that works on these things. At my dealership alone there are 4 of us. Not to mention Ford Master Certified as well as ASE Masters. Not trying to cause any trouble as I am new to this site, but certainly not new to experince with these trucks. After all who worked on these trucks when they first came out? The dealers. Well before any techs at any outside repair shops even knew what these trucks were all about. I still have other repair shops calling me and asking me how to set up the timing chains on these engines. Not to mention how many we get from other shops with bent valves after they have done heads on them and not setting te chain up correctly. Remember, these trucks have been out for 7 years now. How many of those years have you been tearing them apart? Like I said, I'm not trying to cause any trouble here as I am looking for every little mod I can do to make it better just like the next guy or gal..Just watch your comments..

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
svtscf150 said:
Not to burst your bubble or anything JJ, but I can guarantee you that you are not the only ASE master tech that works on these things. At my dealership alone there are 4 of us. Not to mention Ford Master Certified as well as ASE Masters. Not trying to cause any trouble as I am new to this site, but certainly not new to experince with these trucks. After all who worked on these trucks when they first came out?  The dealers.  Well before any techs at any outside repair shops even knew what these trucks were all about. I still have other repair shops calling me and asking me how to set up the timing chains on these engines. Not to mention how many we get from other shops with bent valves after they have done heads on them and not setting te chain up correctly. Remember, these trucks have been out for 7 years now. How many of those years have you been tearing them apart? Like I said, I'm not trying to cause any trouble here as I am looking for every little mod I can do to make it better just like the next guy or gal..Just watch your comments..
I understand your position and maybe you misunderstood mine.

What I was trying to elude to is that I believe I am the only Vendor/Tuner that is an ASE Master Tech with 22 years of experience.

There are lots of great technicians out there and I am proud to be a part of that community as well.

I have been tearing apart the modular motor since they first started to come out of warranty.. head gaskets, spit plugs, upgraded intakes, and like you mentioned, heads/valves due to wrong t-chain installation.. :) Been there done that... LOL

Thanks for your reply, its always good to hear from a fellow wrench turner. :smt023 :smt023

[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess I did misunderstand your statement, no problem at all though. Like I said, not trying to stir anything up at all. Glad you didn't take offense to my post as there was none intended. Hope to hear back from your ginuea pigs with the t-body mods, maybe you'll be getting mine as well... [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would have liked to be a ginuea pig as well, but I don't think JJ would want to wait until June for my confounded data on the effects! :D

Herb

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm amazed. A supporting vendor offers up a service and you JERKS jump all over him without cause or any evidence. Nothing but opinions. (Mr Allen in particular)

Hey guys, it's a free market society. Either buy and report your findings (which is allowed here unlike F150).. or don't buy and keep your traps shut.

Rich

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can see JJ's point in wanting to profit from his experience and knowledge as long as possible before others catch on and copy what he has done which will happen like most things. JJ's trucks perform so he must be doing something right and not just blowing smoke.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts