Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even know if this is proper to post but I was alerted to a 2004 Silver Lightning with approx. 2,800 miles on it that is up for sale in my area. It is bone stock. I believe the asking price is $28K with some wiggle room.

I am trying to get a bit more information on it now but I thought I would throw it out there if anyone is looking for something like this.

I am NOT the one selling the truck but can pass your information along so you can make contact if interested.

·
Aka 2003_lightning
12,215 Posts
I'd love to have my hands on that! Not my color choice but none the less still a gem I'm sure. Someone's going to make out great

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$28,000.00 is pretty steep for an 11 year-old truck.
I am sure he will negotiate some on the price.

It isn't everyday a 2,800 mile truck comes on the market. If I was looking for a truck to add to a collection this one would be in my sights. Fortunately I like to drive them and already own too many Lightnings so this one isn't on my radar.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
To put this in perspective, I bought my 2003 sonic blue in 2008 with 2900 miles on it bone stock... Paid $23.5k asking price was $26.5.

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To put this in perspective, I bought my 2003 sonic blue in 2008 with 2900 miles on it bone stock... Paid $23.5k asking price was $26.5.
I am not saying his price is in line of where it should be. I am only making people aware that it is out there.

If I were trying to buy it or this person, I haven't met, asked my opinion for a price I would probably be in your range. I am neither trying to buy it nor has anyone asked my opinion. LOL

Super low mileage trucks are getting harder to find and at some point that will drive the price of them up not down.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
I'm not criticizing you brother, just giving other people an idea of what a low mileage truck can reasonably go for in case they wish to pursue it.

Regardless of what I say, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Hopefully he finds someone who can pay cash for it.

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not criticizing you brother, just giving other people an idea of what a low mileage truck can reasonably go for in case they wish to pursue it.

Regardless of what I say, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Hopefully he finds someone who can pay cash for it.
I did not take it as criticism at all. You obviously understand the value of a really low mileage truck. As time goes on and the super low mileage trucks dry up the price for one is likely to go up. Are we at that point yet????????

If I were looking at this truck with 2,800 miles on it now in 2015 it would be to collect not to drive. As I mentioned I am not in the market for it, I am only posting the information I have so others know about it if interested.

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I mean, where is the ad or link? We would not even know how to find it...
My understanding is that he has it listed in some magazine for sale. I don't know which one.

I mentioned in my first post that if anyone expressed interest in this truck I pass your information along so you and the seller can make contact. I don't have approval to pass his information along here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think it's "out of line".
Look at Mattack prices. Its a good comparison...almost the same exact miles. Seven years ago his seller was asking 26,500. And seven years later this seller is asking just 1,500.00 more.

Although I don't know the details of this L...let me ask you's this. If you bought an L new and put only 2,900 miles on it in 11-12 years and now are wanting to sell, what would you ask for it???

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am a little tardy posting this but through this thread the truck sold. Before you ask, no I don't know how much it sold for as I was a gentleman and did not ask. I assume a happy seller and from speaking with the buyer he sounds happy too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts