Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned for Bullshitting about 6/8 Drop
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the first thing i thought was that im not about to waste 300$ on a transcooler setup. My initial intentions were to buy an aftermarket cooler and piggy back it off the stock one but the stock cooler fittings are JIC which are a bitch to find. So i decided to chop the old one out and run two aftermarket coolers in line with each other. Me and my buddy welded up some custom brackets so that they went in nice, firmly, and looked good. These coolers have a TON of surface area combined behind my grill. I dont have a trans temp gauge but my buddy with a procharged F150 has one of these coolers and his stock one and his trans runs at 160 so im positive my setup works at around 145* or so which is the same as the SD cooler and at HALF THE PRICE. and its black so it looks alot better.

I fabed up, cut and my buddy barret welded a couple custom brackets for the coolers.

Both cooler installed and ready to go, kinda hard to see.

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Nice work! Im using the factory cooler, and a Factory Tech cooler with a fan and the tranny temps stay low low. My radiator is bypassed as well, is yours bypassed?

Wayne

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
looks good, but why did you use a tube and fin style cooler instead of a bar and plate design?

·
Banned for Bullshitting about 6/8 Drop
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good, but why did you use a tube and fin style cooler instead of a bar and plate design?
i used tube and fin instead of fin and PLATE because like i said, im not trying to spend 300$ on something as simple as a transcooler install. When i turn off my truck after driving it, my coolers will be outside temp in around 15 min. they cool very efficiently even thoguh they are fin and tube.

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
i hear you. i prefer to waste money on hookers and blow instead of trans coolers.

·
Paul's ClutchBoxes
1,388 Posts
i used tube and fin instead of fin and PLATE because like i said, im not trying to spend 300$ on something as simple as a transcooler install. When i turn off my truck after driving it, my coolers will be outside temp in around 15 min. they cool very efficiently even thoguh they are fin and tube.

just remember one 90* bend is equal in restriction to 25ft of straight pipe......this is one of the reasons that the factory style plate coolers are more efficient. very nice work!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts