Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
OUCH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
ouch! is ther a story behind this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
It's an old story. The guy had a Nissan maxima and left the bottle heater on.

Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KB ZILLA said:
wydopnthrtl said:
It's an old story.  The guy had a Nissan maxima and left the bottle heater on.

Rich
Yeah...he's right...that story went around about 5-6 years ago
Pics were e-mailed to me last week ... and made no mention of when this happened ... but I have a Playboy mag. that is more than 6yrs old ... and the pictures still look good to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
WickedQuick said:
KB ZILLA said:
wydopnthrtl said:
It's an old story.  The guy had a Nissan maxima and left the bottle heater on.

Rich
Yeah...he's right...that story went around about 5-6 years ago
Pics were e-mailed to me last week ... and made no mention of when this happened ... but I have a Playboy mag. that is more than 6yrs old ... and the pictures still look good to me




[smilie=werd.gif] :smt044
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,857 Posts
Let me guess the tank had a hole in it,
so they taped it up :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
I thought that N02 did burn? I thought it was said that it is just an excelerant?

:shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
Suavy said:
I thought that N02 did burn? I thought it was said that it is just an excelerant?

:shock:
When nitrous reaches a certain temperature , 1500 degrees or so, the nitrogen atoms will seperate and release the pure oxygen which is what makes the added power in motors by allowing the motor to burn more fuel. I am confident Rob will chime in here soon, since he is the NOS guru. [smilie=ughug.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
I spoke to the botle heater rep about this a few months back. The guy had two blow off discs installed for some odd reason so that safety feature failed to work and the heater safety control must have failed also to shut the unit off. This is only one case in history from my knowledge.

Nitrous oxide separates at 500+ degrees if I remember correctly. These details are not used much so they are forgotten.

Nitrous is not flammable and can extinguish a fire depending on how big the fire and ratio of nitrous. Like many chemical reactions you need certain ratios to be effective.

All of our kits will soon have our Max Flow valve as standard which includes our "PRV", so no chance of this happening with our kits.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top