Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father in law is down here in Louisiana for a little while. His truck is registered in PA. Well, his gas tank started leaking pretty good where the back strap wraps around on the drivers side. And yes it has the typical salt road rust covering most of the bottom of the truck. What do we need to do as far as the recall is concerned? I would assume it is covered. The main question is, would it be covered down here in LA? As stated above, it is still registered in PA.

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I'm expecting. I'll be calling them first thing in the morning to set up dropping it off. Hopefully all goes well. It is a 4x4 and last week both front and rearend commenced to leaking. Then yesterday his battery crapped out, now this.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,767 Posts
I dunno if they would cover that or not, since the recall only covers the straps themselves....not the tank. And I don't believe the recall has started yet. Here is something that was posted on sveral sites on August 1:

To fix the latest problem, Ford will notify owners in September to bring their trucks to dealers. Mechanics will replace the straps with new ones coated to resist corrosion. Ford said that parts to fix the problem won't be widely available until then.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,767 Posts
Good luck with the fix. Hope you have about all the gremlins weeded out..

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Hey man, text me tomorrow to remind me and i'll text my friend thats the parts manager at Ford. I can ask him if it would be a problem, if not i'll get u his info to call!

Wane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.