Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Ford Lightning
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been shopping for a cog setup and its just too expensive so I started looking for alternatives. I came across the GripTec pulley website. I emailed them and they do not make a pulley for the L. Does anyone know of a non slip upper pulley option for the eaton supercharger?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
This is all i know of.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,291 Posts
Look on classifieds... There's someone on here selling a cog setup
Yup. $1000. OP said they are too expensive. $1000 qualifies for a lot of people as too expensive. Meanwhile, I have two cog sets.

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,737 Posts
Why the need for a 'no slip' upper?

·
Registered
2001 Ford Lightning
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why the need for a 'no slip' upper?
When I hit the throttle hard, when going on a highway on ramp for example, I can smell burning rubber from the serpentine belt through the air vents. This tells me there is slippage and therefore loss of maximum power.

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,737 Posts
Probably easier to bolt on an lfp pulley bracket to wrap the belt around the sc pulley. Assuming its stock. Also assume you have the right length belt and your tensioner is good. You could also do the tensioner mod.

If you are smelling burnt rubber through your vents while getting on it....something is not right.

·
Registered
2001 Ford Lightning
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I already did the tensioner mod on a new tensioner from lmr.com, lfp pulley bracket, lfp 4lb lower, lfp 90mm lightweight idler pullies all around, and a new gates belt all last year.

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,737 Posts
What about an idler pulley relocate or 100mm idlers. Screwing around with the stock sc pulley should be a ladt resort

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,296 Posts
I already did the tensioner mod on a new tensioner from lmr.com, lfp pulley bracket, lfp 4lb lower, lfp 90mm lightweight idler pullies all around, and a new gates belt all last year.

Sounds like you have a clearance problem with the supercharger. Take the belt off and spin the rotors, how freely do they spin?

·
Registered
2001 Ford Lightning
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like you have a clearance problem with the supercharger. Take the belt off and spin the rotors, how freely do they spin?
In 2021 I did a full supercharger and turkey pan removal and clean up. All the Teflon coating came off the blades. The bearings still looked good so I just repacked them with grease. When I put everything back together it felt normal. I will check it this coming weekend to see if it still spins freely. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2001 Ford Lightning
215 Posts
You might check with stiegemeier. I had them put grip tech or something of the sort when they ported my blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. I haven't ran the pulley yet, but it looks very not slippery.

Reactions: utlong31
1 - 20 of 20 Posts