Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
no more gen 2
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to take my truck to the track, and finally am available. I'm going to No Problem Wednesday to run my truck and get some ideas on what it'll do. is there anything i should do that can help my times, or things i shouldn't do.
If anyone else wants to go ill be there for sure as long as no rain. BTW my truck is 99.8% stock. [smilie=3g

·
no more gen 2
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been before with my old ranger 3.0 auto 17.6 isint anything to brag about

50-60 we have about a week out of the year with those temps in LA its either 100 or 30 no happy medium lol

thats what i plan on doing

·
My Hankooks Hate Me!
1,910 Posts
My truck loves 30's.... Yours will too....

I guess like Cody said...go have fun... If your on street tires, no massive burnout needed.... Just spin em over about 3-5 times to get the dirt/crap off....

·
ruffnecks illegitimate brother
3,481 Posts
Just go for fun one thing to check for is what lane is hooking the best I know your truck is mostly stock but blowing the tires off is a waste of time IMO :bigtu

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Street tires? Go around the water box, and just haze the tires no massive b.o. needed. Try to use the progressive acceleration technique or you spin badly. If you dont spin too bad you may come away with some good baseline times. Start you a book and document everything, weather and current set up. Watch for detonation if your tune is too aggressive for this heat. Would be nice to monitor the afr, thats where the aeroforce comes in. Good luck, srry gotta work or I'd be there. 2 cents worth.

What yall think he is going to run, 99.8% stock lets say 90*? Stock claimed times 13.80, right? I think he will run that in the heat.

·
Registered
850 Posts
13.8's aren't out of the realm. When mine was new and stock went 13.89 @98 at SCR in the heat.

Do a slight burnout. I believe you'll be forced into the left lane early for TNT, then later you can run right lane. Turn OD off. Launch a little off idle and go. Leave it in D, don't try and shift it yourself.

I'd go and run you with the Taurus if the wife wasn't out of town. It'd be a pretty close race depending on who got the jump. I might go out on Saturday for MM.:bigtu

·
no more gen 2
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for the advice!
I'll post how I do!

·
no more gen 2
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tigator I don't have the Aeroforce yet soon though!

·
no more gen 2
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Street tires? Go around the water box, and just haze the tires no massive b.o. needed. Try to use the progressive acceleration technique or you spin badly. If you dont spin too bad you may come away with some good baseline times. Start you a book and document everything, weather and current set up. Watch for detonation if your tune is too aggressive for this heat. Would be nice to monitor the afr, thats where the aeroforce comes in. Good luck, srry gotta work or I'd be there. 2 cents worth.

What yall think he is going to run, 99.8% stock lets say 90*? Stock claimed times 13.80, right? I think he will run that in the heat.

what do you mean by detonation??

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Excellent advice from blk99:
Turn OD off. Launch a little off idle and go. Leave it in D, don't try and shift it yourself.
Our engines have been known to grenade when going into OD under load.
Rocks in a can is a good analogy, if you sense it "clattering" back out.
You can put ice on your plenum for a little better time, you have to contain the water though.
GL Have fun. D.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just got off night shift this morning so I'm in if it isn't raining; my +2 inch wheels with M/T drag radials love to hydroplane in the wet...

My friend Rusty who recently sold his L and bought a SRT-8 Jeep wants to go too.

·
no more gen 2
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I get off work at 5 and I'll be leaving Gonzales at around 6 to head there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts