Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my girl to work this morning and noticed the coolant temp was above average the whole time. Last night it was showing below average so I knew something is not right (distilled water and water wetter). Pulled over and I hear no fans at all. Truck has jdm e-fan and dual heat exchanger fans. I have a switch in the engine bay where it turns on full speed and it works. But still wouldn't stay on normal. I started to hit the heat exchanger fans and they turned on and then the e-fan kicked in. What could it be? And yes intercooler pump is working even though the fans weren't on

·
Dude
2,363 Posts
Bad connection maybe? Get it up to temp start wiggling connections and connections to relays, anything that looks suspect. It could also be a bad relay so if you have a good spare try plugging that in and see if it solves it. I have a Mad Mikes controller and it never worked right until I figured it was a bad circuit breaker and a bad relay just by watching and wiggling everything.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking if it's between a sensor or a sticky relay. Either way I gotta do something. Don't want to overheat. U guys know if those afco H/E fans are replaceable

·
Registered
697 Posts
dual fans

If memory serves right, that dual fan kit gets it's signal from the intercooler water pump wire. The kit uses a crimp on fitting. They loosen up after driving a while. Kicking the fans might wiggle the wire to make contact, If you have this crimp on thing, remove and solder the connection.

As for the main fan, remove the wire at the sensor that works the fan relay and ground it. If the fan works, replace the sensor. If not, it is the wiring to the relay or relay.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had some time to check out my radiator fan and it still won't turn on. But it will if I turn on the AC. If I turn off the AC then radiator fan stops working

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe it's my temp sensor cause another member had these same symptoms and his was the Temperature sensor

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As for the main fan, remove the wire at the sensor that works the fan relay and ground it. If the fan works, replace the sensor. If not, it is the wiring to the relay or relay.
At first I didn't know what u were talking about since I got the truck with this e-fan. Now that I saw the installation instructions I know what wire your talking about lol. Now I have a clue of where to start. Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts