Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought a lightning about 2 months ago just got it back from the paint shop and when I was driving it back I noticed it wasn’t making any boost. Truck is running decent just no boost. You guys think it’s my supercharger? Maybe a boost leak? Thanks

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Well these don't have boost leaks without a vacuum leak. Is the stock gauge showing vacu but no boost? Need more info. What's been done recently. Mods.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,518 Posts
Yeah, is the gauge at least making it up to the center of the gauge where the little black rectangle is, which indicates maximum atmospheric pressure? If not, suspect either a bad vacuum leak, which would make the truck run extremely rough in any event, or a problem with the gauge, like the hose isn't hooked up. When I put a MP blower on mine, I was having trouble with no boost. It was due to the ring on the back of the blower drive shaft slipping on the shaft itself, so it wasn't turning the blower at all. Take the blower belt off and turn he snout pulley by hand. You should feel some resistance, since the rotors are heavy. If it spins very loosely and freely, that may be the problem.

With the snout pulley turning, but not turning the rotors, the needle would only touch the bottom of the black center mark on the gauge, would not go into it.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Before you start taking things apart, do me a favor and answer the first question.
Is the boost gauge moving at all, or is it sitting at zero?

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
I would check the routing the gauge. Ensure you don't have a leak in the line. Test with a different gauge.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,299 Posts
The boost gauge connects to the same place as the fuel pressure on the engine.
fuel pressure goes up with the boost.1:1,
So what am saying is, don't put your trunk into boost, or it will lean out..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts