Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, and now a corporation (Auto Guide) owns this site.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally I believe most came over to here because of some [email protected] saga

This was the only place he wouldn't get banned at

Nloc is very relaxed now

Not how it use to be.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
JJ is still here. LMAO!

I originally came here due to a search for Thundertip. When I saw pics of them at NLOC, I had to have one. BUt, the guy who made them only made 20 and kept two for himself. I Googled it one fine night and found one for sale in the classifieds here. So I rather quickly joined and bought that puppy. $350. Bwahaha! But worth every penny.

I'm not espousing that members leave here and go there. Do both. I do. When it's slow here I go over there and try to stir up some activity. LeeProctor responded to a fuel pump question over there this morning. People ask questions over there and they go unanswered for far too long. Pop over there once in a while and help someone out. And support a site that an actual Lightning guy owns. I'm now a paid member and forum moderator over there.

In the How-To forum there, there is currently a discussion on oil in the supercharger. That's really an old one, but sometimes a new owner who knows nothing asks a question. I gave him the usual about deleting the elbow on the back of the block and installing an oil separator.

Attachments

Reactions: 02 H/D

·
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, I wasn't around for that. I had to sell my first Lightning, a 2000 in 2002 due to the 09/11 attack and losing my job. Didn't get another until I bought my current 2004 in December 2009. So I missed a lot of the shenanigans that went down in between 2002 and 2010.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So let me get this straight NLOC is now owned by lightning guy again ?
Yes sir :) Honestly I’d say guys/gals as owners because tons of people have chipped in to help keep it going. A true community effort.

Anyway, please know that there is no intent to take anything away from one forum or another, just giving people another place to hangout if they want.

Thanks!
Raymond

·
Administrator
18,383 Posts
I think it is great to make Gen2 guys aware of the info here. I know Jamie V typically comes on here and directs Gen1 guys to NLOC, which I have no issues with. We need to support each other as these trucks age. I encourage all to check out NLOC for current stuff and the archives.

Jim

·
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes, they have a forum there labeled as Legacy Posts. It goes back to all the original posts from the site under it's older format. I joined in July 2000 and was inactive after 2002 as I had sold my Lightning after losing a job due to 09/11. I rejoined again in 2009, but the site had been totally revamped. So I have to go to the Legacy forum to see all my older posts.

·
11 second street truck
10,644 Posts
Most left there because of big d and his heavy handed tactics

Reactions: cbxer55

·
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Most left there because of big d and his heavy handed tactics
That would be me. I actually got banned there and lost my forum moderator status because I dared to post a link to LR with information on a car show that I wanted the guys at NLOC to know about. Glad those days are over.

·
Registered
912 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are there LR decals available anywhere?

·
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Are there LR decals available anywhere?
Bwahahaha!!!

There used to be stickers available here back when Stew ran the joint. Not anymore that I am aware of.

I even have two NLOC tee shirts that I wear to car shows and the like. None available here.

It's the difference between a website owned by a company and a site owned by a Lightning owner and enthusiast. Don't get me wrong, I like this site. Been here a long time and will continue to do so. But it's slow sometimes here and there is a lot of old information available at NLOC that isn't here. Traction Bars 101 for instance.

Reactions: B4Thunder03

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bwahahaha!!!

There used to be stickers available here back when Stew ran the joint. Not anymore that I am aware of.

I even have two NLOC tee shirts that I wear to car shows and the like. None available here.

It's the difference between a website owned by a company and a site owned by a Lightning owner and enthusiast. Don't get me wrong, I like this site. Been here a long time and will continue to do so. But it's slow sometimes here and there is a lot of old information available at NLOC that isn't here. Traction Bars 101 for instance.
I was curious if anyone ever made any. I ask because Id buy a couple! Since a company owns the forums now, Id assume it would be a copyright issue to make some new ones eh?

I agree, it does get slow here at times. I check between here and FartBook when I need some answers usually. Both have their strengths and weaknesses though.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,613 Posts
I am glad to see that NLOC has been able to stay out of corporate hands. I had thought about acquiring it at one time, but never pursued it any farther than that. BST WISHES that NLOC gets back to its glory days.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was curious if anyone ever made any. I ask because Id buy a couple! Since a company owns the forums now, Id assume it would be a copyright issue to make some new ones eh?

I agree, it does get slow here at times. I check between here and FartBook when I need some answers usually. Both have their strengths and weaknesses though.
Same I want some stickers, maybe even Texas LR stickers

·
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anyone on here can take the initiative if they desire and get decals made. I guess just a Graphics shop could do it. There are several around my neck of the woods. Small problem would be if Auto Guide wouldn't allow such a thing.

Here's an old thread on decals from this site.
I can get LR decals made since I get them made for NLOC...... but what does a LR decal look like.... and how much interest is there ??

·
Registered
313 Posts
21 - 40 of 55 Posts