Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know some of you still have accounts there. I check in there every day, mainly to direct people there to come here. When threads are started in Gen.II asking a question, they rarely get a response. I pm them to come here for a response. LOL!

They are offering new decals now, with time in them. 8 second club, 9 second club, etc.

NLOC Decals

Reactions: DVC and B4Thunder03

Registered

Discussion Starter #5
Do they have 12 second club for me? 馃槄
Yes there is a 12 second club sticker. Click the NLOC Decals in blue, that's the linky-stinky.

Registered
You don鈥檛 want to be a part of the NLOC (except to redirect here) but you want to put a sticker from there on your truck?

Discussion Starter #7
You don鈥檛 want to be a part of the NLOC (except to redirect here) but you want to put a sticker from there on your truck?
Are you talking about me? I check in there every day. I only direct people from there to here because they will never get an answer there for Gen. II stuff. I see it all the time, they go unanswered for eons. And I don't have the answer to everything, sad to say. Hey, far as I know, no one from there that I pmed has ever made it here.

Just trying to get people the answer they are seeking.

I like NLOC, it just isn't the best for Gen. II stuff. Hasn't been for a long time.

Reactions: 2001SVT

700/800 Club
Are you talking about me? I check in there every day. I only direct people from there to here because they will never get an answer there for Gen. II stuff. I see it all the time, they go unanswered for eons. And I don't have the answer to everything, sad to say. Hey, far as I know, no one from there that I pmed has ever made it here.

I like NLOC, it just isn't the best for Gen. II stuff. Hasn't been for a long time.
Excellent reply!!! Thanks for helping out the community.

Reactions: cbxer55

11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
How about a 10 sec HD

Registered

I was asking you, yes.

It wasn鈥檛 meant to be a criticism, it was a legitimate question?

The Gen 2 guys left the NLOC years ago for F150 online then Lightning Rodder.

I was just trying to understand why anyone would want a NLOC decal if they didn鈥檛 participate in the community there.

This forum use to be owned by lightning guys who have since sold it to big business. The NLOC just sold and we all chipped in and helped a long time Gen 1 owner purchase it. Hopefully one day all the lightning owners end up back under one roof!

Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Look, I like NLOC. It's just slow for Gen. II owners. I still have one or two NLOC Tee shirts that I wear at car shows and such. But I've had my troubles there as well. For example, here no one cares if I link to a thread on NLOC. But I used to be the LOOK moderator there. One day I cross-linked a thread from here on there, to let guys who were there know of an event here. I got banned for three or six months and lost my forum moderator status. Kind of torqued me, if ya know what I mean. And now I see that the LOOK forum there is dead to the world. It's sad.

But I will continue to check there every day as I have for years. And respond to questions if I have an answer. If I don't, I'll tell them, to ask it here. And like you say, hopefully one day NLOC will come back. I'll do my part. That's why I linked the thread to the decals here. As a kind of reminder to guys here that it's still out there.

Registered
The old owners are gone over at the NLOC so those problems are gone as well. The only way the Gen 2 section comes back there is if guys (like you) post there.

Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
There was a brief period when a few guys from here joined over there. When this forum went from the old format to this new one, it torqued a lot of us. We didn't like it at all. But the owners have been good about addressing our concerns, and over time it's gotten better.

What I think I'll do from now on, rather than pm people at NLOC to come here, is when someone has a question at NLOC I cannot answer, I'll post the thread over here. Maybe some guys from here will then go over there and answer the query. MAYBE? You think? LMAO!

Anyhow, the LOOK forum needs some attention. There are stickies there that need to be unstickied. Apparently the current moderator t here hasn't been on in years. Maybe you can get me back on as the LOOK moderator so I can clean it up some? I'm the moderator of the Oklahoma forum here, with additional duties like being able to send SPAM threads to the ash can. I like being able to do that.

But hey, don't criticize guys here buying NLOC decals. At least in a way, they are funding making NLOC better. You should encourage it.

Reactions: 2001SVT

Registered
I haven't logged into NLOC in soo many years, I can't believe its up and running. Ive never had FB but it sucks that's the new way to go. I rather a forum thats neatly organized with its sections. I will probably never have FB.

Reactions: cbxer55

Discussion Starter #16
I haven't logged into NLOC in soo many years, I can't believe its up and running. Ive never had FB but it sucks that's the new way to go. I rather a forum thats neatly organized with its sections. I will probably never have FB.
As Jamie V says, NLOC is now owned by Lightning drivers. Unlike this site, which is owned by a company that likely doesn't give one hoot about Lightnings, or autos in general. I check in there every day and try to post when necessary in the Gen. II section. There's an article there now in the Gen. III section about a possible 2021 Lightning.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts