Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First lets get one thing very straight.

Johnny Lightning, Jim of JDM, and Sal of PSP are ALL equals in MY mind. I respect and appreciate all they have done for me, and I have friendships with all of them. (And I will continue to run all their parts, and do business with all of them)

SO PLEASE NO JLP/JDM BASHING, I feel bad enough already, AND PRAY JIM AND JOHNNY UNDERSTAND MY REASONS

My decision was made on the three most important factors,
"LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION" and yes of course on the fact I trust Sal and see him as an AWESOME mechanic and L EXPERT / Vendor / Tuner / Friend. (with a nice new shop + Dyno to boot) ; o ) Prob MORE knowledgable than most will ever find out.

BTW don't know what I can and CANT say about Big Red
BUT
I saw the BEAST up close and personal today, and lets just say
it's waaaaaaaay diff than the last time I took pictures ; o )

Sal is within 10 minutes of my house, and having the ability to run over there before a day at the races for a super tune on the dyno,
IS GOING TO BE PRICELESS. I'm at a level now where I MUST have Dyno Tuning, and of course I want to push for better ET's. But I am smart enough to know a bit more can = blown motor possibility's. Although I really was excited about going after that Fastest Stock Block Title for Race Tested next season (Sorry Denny) : o ( there is no doubt we have already proved the Race Tested Kit has been 4 for 4 in consistancy, and quite impressive for a 100% stock L (with a filter chip n pulley/TB combo.) No Exhaust, Suspension, Cooling, or Trans Mod (just FTVB)

Being Sal is now running a Race Tested Nitrous System and Maximiser Controller, this little joint venture is really going to benefit EVERYONE. I'm going to wear the PSP colors with Pride, and am VERY MUCH looking foward to the day I drive it home. I hope to represent the Stock L with Rod's department quite well, and intend to shoot for 10's with all Spray and a simple Pulley/Filter/TB combo. I KNOW Denny + Sal will get me there eventually, even if I continue to run stock exhaust, stock suspension, stock cooling system and the Eaton.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, spraying 50,75, or 100HP is awesome, BUT when you get up into the 150-250 range, IT'S LIKE BEING SHOT OUT OF A F ucking CANNON,
NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE FUN

To keep the cost down, I have decided to rebuild my current motor, (it only has 13K on it) The plug change last weekend once again showed me I have a perfect running motor that ran 3 seasons on the same set of plugs, and all 8 read IDENTICAL ,
(PERFECT might be a better word).

I will be putting in 1200 HP rated Rods, New Pistons + Rings, ARP Studs, the improved Head Gaskets, AND THREADS IN MY HEADS, WOO HOO
This will address the 3 weak links, --> Rods, Head Gasket's, and the dreaded Spitting Plugs. This will also give me MUCH RELIEF when making 300-500 mile daily trips to make pass or two.

THANK YOU SAL FOR WORKING WITH ME , I'll wear your Colors with Pride 

Remember I AM NOT adding HP, just insurance, and 100% of the bill is going on top of the other 10K on my CC's.
So I want to reach out and personally ask Vinnie, Gator, Don (and who else has money ???) to send me any extra Cat Backs, or I could use a 8lb Lower in exchange for my 4lb, maybe a free KB, Bogarts, SOMETHING hehehehehehehehe
COME ON ALL, HELP A BROTHER OUT, ALL THIS MONEY AND NO EXTRA HP (well ok Denny, maybe you can throw in a set of 150
HP Jets for it's voyage run) WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

I want to enjoy the truck another week or so, and I need to get it inspected some time next week, so it'll be about 2 weeks before it goes under the knife, BUT I JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING
I promised to give Sal a couple of Months to do it, and since Dec and Jan are Truck sits in Snow, Sand, and Salt Season, the timing is perfect. BUT SAL, COMES FEB, I'LL BE LOOKING FOR THE KEYS...
hehehehehehehehe..............................

Wow shorter than I expected

My feelings right now

:smt026 :smt038 :smt039 :smt041 [smilie=bowlaugh.gif] [smilie=dancingnaughty.gif] [smilie=eek3dance.gif] :smt118 [smilie=dancingcool.gif] :cheers: [smilie=3gears.gif] :smt082 [smilie=ugh2.gif] :smt043 :smt044 :smt045 [smilie=xxrotflmao.gif] [smilie=xxrotflmao.gif] [smilie=discomonkey.gif]

OH GATOR...................................

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thats FREAKING AWESOME ROB !!!!......CONGRATS Lightning Brother !!!

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

G

·
And you call me a rich bitch??! :smt081

j/k... Congrats!!! I think when it's done we all have to go out and celebrate... Since I'll be 21 by then. [smilie=fingersx.gif] :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Damn modthrax at it's best :D

Congrats Rob! I know your setup is going to be a sweet one!  :smt033

Glad to see you working with PSP, maybe we might see PSP over here ;) [smilie=secret.gif]

-Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bout time. Sal will take good care of you. Looks like several of us will be running his banner next year. [smilie=ughug.gif]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Way to go Rob! It's neat to do it on a stock block, but in reality it's much safer to do it on a built motor. I'd love to run 10's with stock exhaust and will be watching your build with great interest. I should be mid to low 11's with my new billet motor from Dante, and it may just take a call to "our nitrous buddy" to put me over the top.

Jody

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Can't wait to see some new numbers Rob, I am close to needing a built motor or do built internals and head's cams action.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats!
You're happy when you do it...
:smt023
Then you cry when you see the bill...
:smt103 :smt089
Until you take your broke behind and step on the gas...
[smilie=3gears.gif]
Then life is good!
:smt082

·
Registered
261 Posts
VINNIE said:
So much for , 'Don't tell anybody'
No doubt. By the time I read the e-mail Rob sent and looked at the L boards, there were multiple threads about this already. Remind me not to tell you a secret Rob. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
First lets get one thing very straight.

OH GATOR...................................
Careful what you wish for, because Santa[smilie=noel.gif] is going to be
VERY GOOD
to me. And whats this crap you begging for parts.........

ROB's SCARED [smilie=omgrofl.gif]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts