Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a racetested kit in the mail today [smilie=discomonkey.gif]

it sure looks easy to install, i really like the location of the jets.

i cant wait to do a comparison with my nx kit

·
Registered
261 Posts
For people who may not know, lightningquick has an existing NX 'fixed' hit kit and agreed to do an unbiased comparsion on how our kit compares in ease of install, performance, and smoothness even without a progressive controller for those people on a budget.

·
Registered
427 Posts
racetested said:
For people who may not know, lightningquick has an existing NX 'fixed' hit kit and agreed to do an unbiased comparsion on how our kit compares in ease of install, performance, and smoothness even without a progressive controller for those people on a budget.
Sounds great, cant wait to read his feedback :)

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KB ZILLA said:
racetested said:
Sounds great, cant wait to read his feedback  :)
feed back should be here shortly [smilie=fingersx.gif] i am trying to get everything ready for friday night

i am skeptickel (spelling) to say the least

however the selenoids are first class, sure looks like a well thought out product upon initial contact

·
Registered
261 Posts
If possible do a test without purging your NX kit and see what a difference there is also with the oversized braided line. The performance will drop way off.

I know you have a lot of tests to do so I don't excpect all of them to be done this Friday if you run out of time. Doing more tests in a few weeks when you get back to the track is fine.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
CONGRATS,  :smt026
Your going to LOVE IT lightninquick  :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

I may be far from the fastest around here these days, but it took me 2 full seasons
to get "1" 11 sec run out of my Zex kit (and I was racing 10 times more than I do now)

But EVERY single pass so far on the Race Tested Kit has been 11's
The next time out, I want to tune it @ 575-600 HP and expect MUCH BETTER ET's,
all of these runs are with @500-520 total HP (here's the last 5 passes)

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very nice consistancy

i do think you are leaving alittle on the table with those 60' times

rick

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
thanks CHRIS did it for me.

the reason i ask is cause we have friday night racing here were i live but you are far away from me.

east coast

the kid

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
lightninquick said:
very nice consistancy

i do think you are leaving alittle on the table with those 60' times

rick
I leave 3/10ths to a good 1/2 sec on the table no doubt Rick
No proper cool downs
no de-weighting
no icing the upper
no fans
no nothing
Drive hundreds of miles, switch tires, and WAM

I never said I was good, but I am always consistant [smilie=laugh.gif]

I like to race it the exact way I drive it on the street
that way it runs the exact same way on the street ;)

Once in a while I go for a number, I hope to do it this fall if everthing falls into place.....

·
Registered
393 Posts
racetested said:
If possible do a test without purging your NX kit and see what a difference there is also with the oversized braided line. The performance will drop way off.

I know you have a lot of tests to do so I don't excpect all of them to be done this Friday if you run out of time. Doing more tests in a few weeks when you get back to the track is fine.
I'm not sure I understand this,,,What would testing the NX kit w/o purging tell anyone...other than that you need to purge the system before running...I think we already know that!  You should be comparing the NX kit purged against your kit for a performance comparison!
That would be like racing a Lightning against an SRT-10 and asking the guy to un-plug two coils first!

I would like to see the difference in your system VS. the best US kit, Purged!!

I would also hope you would do some comparisons with the same HP amounts vs. performance...i.e., your 100 shot compared to their 100 shot etc...

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fomocofan said:
racetested said:

I'm not sure I understand this,,,What would testing the NX kit w/o purging tell anyone...other than that you need to purge the system before running...I think we already know that!  You should be comparing the NX kit purged against your kit for a performance comparison!
That would be like racing a Lightning against an SRT-10 and asking the guy to un-plug two coils first!

I would like to see the difference in your system VS. the best US kit, Purged!!

I would also hope you would do some comparisons with the same HP amounts vs. performance...i.e., your 100 shot compared to their 100 shot etc...
i will do the comparison both ways for deny he was nice enough to give me the kit.

yes the heads up comparison is the one that matters most

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Purge it like I use to purge the ole Zex kit, "THE OLD FASHION WAY"

Turn Bottle on, arm system and juice the shit out of it right before you pull into the track :D
WORKED FOR ME FOR OVER TWO YEARS  :D

Vinnie and Gator have seen me do it many a time on the ride to the track,
Dam back then I WAS FASTER THAN GATOR
Now this :sad:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fomocofan,
Since this is comparsison test I thought we were comparing the whole system. We don't use nylon because we can't get braided line so this must mean there is something wrong with the oversized braided compared to our nylon to need a purge.
1) Nitrous costs an average of $3-4 a pound. Seems senseless to purge this into the atmosphere if you don't have to.
2) Adding as purge adds extra cost and complexity to a kit.
3) Some people like the stealth effect and needing to purge doesn't really say subtle.
4) What if some guy rolls up on you and you can't use the nitrous to full potential because you never had time to purge the lines out.

Our system is different in every way but the bottle for a reason, so it's only fair to compare every area if this is what people want facts on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think it's is a well known fact the most NOS kits (except yours ) needs to be purged for maximum performance...that's all I was saying! I believe you that yours doesn't need purging...no arguement there.

I just want to see a comparison between their system at its best vs. your system, ET wise or HP wise.
As most people know a typical "100 shot" won't give you a 100 hp on the dyno.. I would like to see dyno numbers or ET's from your "100 shot" vs. theirs...if you follow.

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fomocofan said:
I think it's is a well known fact the most NOS kits (except yours ) needs to be purged for maximum performance...that's all I was saying! I believe you that yours doesn't need purging...no arguement there.

I just want to see a comparison between their system at its best vs. your system, ET wise or HP wise.
As most people know a typical "100 shot" won't give you a 100 hp on the dyno.. I would like to see dyno numbers or ET's from your "100 shot" vs. theirs...if you follow.
i like your abusive style :LOL i got a friend with a dyno jet :D when i do the comparison that will be included (dyno)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Abusive??

I'm totally serious.

I just want to see a real comparison...something that shows performance increase over the other brands...or not.

If anyone thinks I am being abusive just delete my posts...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts