Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the 2010 rule book as a PDF? I want to make sure I pass tech inspection at the Atco track rental in two weeks. I'm aiming for mid 11's and i know most rules apply to 11.49 and faster, but just wanted to be sure i dont get flagged for something that can be avoided if i stay above 11.50 et's .

Or if you could just copy and past the section here I need that will work too.

Do I need a fire jacket, gloves, ect......

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
on are local track all you need is a helmet, fire jacket for those times and i seen guys run 11.00 without cage and said nothing to them but i think thats where they draw the line anything faster they kick you off but with that said each track is different

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always run with a helmet. I'm worried about needing a fire jacket and gloves. I dont own any, but i can order them before the rental.

Atco is usually pretty tame when it comes to tech inspections, but i dont want any issues.

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Our tracks require a fire jacket when running any type of blower, turbo or nitrous. Even if the blower came stock from the factory. I'm guessing that it's int the rule book because they are pretty serious about it here. They also check the helmet is rated properly and helmet and jacket are not out of date.

·
trust me... you cant do what i do!
5,848 Posts
helmet
jacket
6/8 point roll bar
drive shaft loop.

and i think you need a 5 point harness that is up today when you have a roll bar. but i could be wrong on that part.

^^ thats for 11.49 - 9.99

for 11.50 and slower you just need a loop and helmet as far as i know

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
for 11.50 and slower you just need a loop and helmet as far as i know
So every stock car coming off the assembly line thats slower than 11.50 would need a loop? Including 3 cylinder Geo Metros?

That doesnt sound right.

I think if your 11.49-11.00 you need a loop or some shit like that.

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
How about a direct link instead of the google thing......still not finding it...i must be so dumb!!!! I still cant find it brotha!!!!
It was the first link bro. I tried to make it as obvious as possible and still be funny.

Anyways here you go looks like you need to be a member of NHRA to view it though.

http://www.nhra.com/story/2009/11/24/now-available-online-2010-nhra-rulebook/

I may be able to get a username and password to log in though. It just occurred to me that I buy my bro in law a subscription to NHRA every year which makes him a member. All I have to do is get his member number and password.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats cool, thanks!!!! Thats the brick wall i keep hitting - needing a mamber number and password for the rule book pdf. I found that before I posted the thread and was wondering if someone one here had a PDF they could email me or just post a link to.

·
trust me... you cant do what i do!
5,848 Posts
So every stock car coming off the assembly line thats slower than 11.50 would need a loop? Including 3 cylinder Geo Metros?

That doesnt sound right.

I think if your 11.49-11.00 you need a loop or some shit like that.
smart ass... lol

i got the boot at 12.83 for not having one. thought it was just if you were tire. if i recall its 13.0 for it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts