Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you can see my current mods in my sig... just click my website...

anyway, I live in Texas and the heat isnt our friends for our trucks... so I was thinking of getting a new heat exchanger next... but now with fall and winter coming... should I wait for spring?

I havent really heard much about heat exchangers... does anyone have one? are you happy with it? what are your results?

OR

should I get a new exhaust. I currently have a Flowmaster cat back and from EVERYTHING i read, its sucks... maybe even taking power AWAY....

Id like to eventually get a full LT, cats, etc system, but not in budget for $1800 or whatever that is right now...

so... should I go Heat Exchanger or Catback???

·
Registered
367 Posts
Scott we discussed this about a month ago i told you to get you a set of Spintech mufflers and leave the rest of the exhaust as it is until you get up there in power. The Spintechs run in the neighborhood of 75 dollars a piece and they sound really good. Oh yea I know you are going to ask this question so I will answer it now. I did not lose any power I gained about 5 or 6 hp so there don't ask now. :razz:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont really care about gaining any power from the catback... i figure really only gain power from the LTs.... but from what I read about the flowmasters, im not only not gaining power, but im probably LOSING it... which kinda defeats the whole purpose....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Scott long tubes will not help you until you start getting into the boost rumbers that 02 Bolt (Scott) was running. 19-25 lbs. Other than that I have not seen any useable information that shows that you gain any power from Long Tubes.

I am running 17-18 lbs and I am still using my stock manifolds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have actually had good luck with flowmasters. i had magnaflow first and it ran 2 tenths slower than with my flowmasters and i put my flows back an and picked back up at the track more than once wasnt just a crappy night. the mags sound better tho. im from florida and heat here is pretty bad too. go for the heat exchanger! :smt023

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ran 13.6 all day long in full stock trim with the flows and I really like the sound they make, so I'll stick with these. If had the money to do any mods at all I would get a 4# pulley, cai and chip, just .02.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts