Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the itch for an L and decided to start hunting for one a few weeks back. Think I found a decent truck finally but it's in Idaho. Currently speaking with the owner to make sure there's no rust and I will likely end up shipping it back here to its new home.

Anyone in the San Antonio area? I hardly see Lightnings around, these forums don't seem too active but figured I'd try to find some like minded folk. I miss the car scene and have been so caught up with work, the family and life in general I figured it's never too late to get bit by the bug again.

·
local painter
2,887 Posts
Welcome to LR!:bigtu

·
The Lone Wolf
888 Posts
Welcome aboard, lots of good info around here. Plenty of knowledgeable people. You caught us on a slow week. There is plenty of daily traffic, enough to get timely answers when needed.

If you plan on doing some work to it, check the modding 101 thread. Should be enough to get you started.

Not sure about you area specifically. Although I do know there's a lot of L's in TX.

If there are any guys local to the truck, they may be able to check it out for you.
Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard, lots of good info around here. Plenty of knowledgeable people. You caught us on a slow week. There is plenty of daily traffic, enough to get timely answers when needed.

If you plan on doing some work to it, check the modding 101 thread. Should be enough to get you started.

Not sure about you area specifically. Although I do know there's a lot of L's in TX.

If there are any guys local to the truck, they may be able to check it out for you.
Good luck!
Yup, been lurking in that thread for the last week or so. I checked the Northwest section and seems to be less active in there. No worries, I'll take the gamble if I have to.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Slevin
952 Posts
There are a lot of Lightnings in Texas, but the main gatherings are around Houston and Dallas.

I've seen a few in ht Austin Area, and a few in the SA area but its far less than the other two major cities.
Mr Jexer is around SA last I checked and regularly goes to SAR.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,191 Posts
Got the itch for an L and decided to start hunting for one a few weeks back. Think I found a decent truck finally but it's in Idaho. Currently speaking with the owner to make sure there's no rust and I will likely end up shipping it back here to its new home.

Anyone in the San Antonio area? I hardly see Lightnings around, these forums don't seem too active but figured I'd try to find some like minded folk. I miss the car scene and have been so caught up with work, the family and life in general I figured it's never too late to get bit by the bug again.
Yep, im still here... building my motor at the moment but should be back on the road by summer im hoping. There use to be about 7-10 truck's at one point but that faded over time. Got any questions just shoot me a PM...

Mike.:rockon_ford

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

Where in Idaho ? I am 20 miles from north idaho.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm in SA. I've got an 02 with 188k. My friend has an 03 with a fresh rebuild and I've met a couple other guys here in SA with Ls.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap forgot I made this! Lol! Life got in the way and the L had to be put on hold. Luckily I am back on the hunt for one. May get rid of my FX2 in the process. Eyeballing a couple in Oklahoma, high mileage but clean titles. That's probably been the biggest piece is finding a Lightning that hasn't been wrecked. Damn paisas!

Hope everyone's doin great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm in san antonio as well guys, actually in the middle of getting my 02 harley up and running again after 5 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! Feels good when you get an old love back on the road.

In other news, I should be expecting a package today. 2003 Lightning with 73K miles, bought from a gentleman in Kentucky. Super clean, no wrecks or damage, just a valve problem in cyl #3 which is how we picked it up cheap. Transport is headed straight to the machine shop. Super stoked to have a fast vehicle again (former F-Body owner). I love my Coyote F150 and my Powerstroke but they're not the same as a fast ride. Any meetups for Ford truck owners here in town? Miss hanging out with car clubs.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,191 Posts
Not sure about any GT's anymore since my L has been down for 2 years.
I think Busby's on the NE side still has meets on friday's....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure about any GT's anymore since my L has been down for 2 years.
I think Busby's on the NE side still has meets on friday's....
You know what time usually? I finally wound up getting an L myself. But she's also in the shop rn (got her cheap due to valve problem). Hoping they are done soon so I can post pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts