Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a machanic most my life. Looking to do a lightning motor in my f150 4x4 from a 2004 donor truck. What do I need to know and please don't get mad at me for asking looking for some real help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It comes with harness ecu drive by cable gas petal intank fuel pump long block with everything on it with 168000 miles steering column keys I cannot remeber anything of the top of my head. Let me know it I will run intobproblems.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
You will lose 4x4 low, ecu controls it. 4x4 high is controlled by the GEM module. There is a wire I moved in the harness that passes through into the cab (driver's side firewall). I don't remember what it was for, I did it 15 years ago.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
You will need to get (or make) a fuel pump harness. Lightning uses two full pumps with a voltage dropping resistor. Resistor mounts by the intercooler pump on a bracket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will lose 4x4 low, ecu controls it. 4x4 high is controlled by the GEM module. There is a wire I moved in the harness that passes through into the cab (driver's side firewall). I don't remember what it was for, I did it 15 years ago.
I don't mind loosing 4x4 low it's worth the trade off for me. Please tell me more so I know what I am getting into.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I purchased every harness new back in the day. I would look for a wrecked truck to rob them from.

Engine harness
Engine bay harness with fuse block
Fuel pump harness (runs along LH frame rail)

Others here have done the swap without using the harnesses I have used. Maybe they will chime in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts