·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Two weeks ago, had it out on my favorite 15 mile curvy road. Goes around a lake, with one stop. There's a 3/4 mile straight where I start, than 14.25 miles of curves. So anyhow, this low down two seat sport coupe with a ground hugging splitter and a damn big and nice carbon fiber wing on the back (I liked it), gets on my tail. He hugged my ass the entire time, but couldn't get around me. He finally pulled over, so I did a u-turn and went back. He's like, I couldn't get around you. You must know how to drive. I'm like, I know this road like the back of my hands. Aside from the splitter, it also had huge fender flares and big tires. So he hugged my ass for 15 miles trying to get around me, and couldn't. That's why I like this car. Doesn't need a V-8 to do that. Probably has better weight distribution with the V-6 in any event. I love the way it swoops around corners. Better than anything, save my two bikes.

Seen him again today. Was out riding my B-King around the lake, like seven times. Passed him in a corner over double yellows. Maybe he's just not that good a driver. LMAO!!

Most of you lie your drag racing. I like to spectate at those events, at Thunder Valley in Noble Oklahoma. But mostly, I like going around corners. FAST! Doesn't require a V-8 to do that.

·
11 second street truck
10,540 Posts
Have no clue what you said, you're on ignore forever. LMAO! It's so nice not having to deal with the SHIT you spew. FOAD!
Yet I'm still living in your head.... Rent free...

·
Registered
746 Posts
El Roberto congrats on your ride but is it really necessary to tell someone to FOAD over a difference of opnion? I've seen you post comments on other peoples upgrades that you didn't think that much of.

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
El Roberto congrats on your ride but is it really necessary to tell someone to FOAD over a difference of opnion? I've seen you post comments on other peoples upgrades that you didn't think that much of.
I edited it out. You're correct. I should know better than to let the crap Dustbin spews cause me to do the same. As said, I have him on IGNORE due to the crap he spews. So I have no idea what he posted, just figured it was shit.

Reactions: 49FordLighting

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I edited it out. You're correct. I should know better than to let the crap Dustbin spews cause me to do the same. As said, I have him on IGNORE due to the crap he spews. So I have no idea what he posted, just figured it was shit.
08 427R . Drove it 5100 miles. Round trip to Livonia . Average 20.5 mph.

Attachments

·
11 second street truck
10,540 Posts
My 2018 gt does 24-25 highway. I saw as high as 27. And it makes 3x the power of a 4 liter

·
11 second street truck
10,540 Posts
Fuel economy... Lol

Same mpg as the new mustang. 2mpg better than a v8 which at 15,000 is a whopping $169 savings in a year

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
08 427R . Drove it 5100 miles. Round trip to Livonia . Average 20.5 mph.
A 427 is great. I get that. I said it in the OP, I bought this car for the way it looks. It caught my eye and I bought it. I don't give a good god damn whether it has a 427 or a 4.0 V-6. As long as it gets around my favorite curvy road, I'm happy.

Once again. I am not yanking a perfectly good, great running 4.0 V-6 out of the car, to install something it was never meant to have, because you asshats don't like it. There are more V-6 Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Chargers around here than you can possibly know. A lot of them have really nice body packages. Hell, Mustangs nowadays come with eco-boost four bangers. LMAO!! No more six cylinder Mustangs. SAD!!

·
11 second street truck
10,540 Posts
A 427 is great. I get that. I said it in the OP, I bought this car for the way it looks. It caught my eye and I bought it. I don't give a good god damn whether it has a 427 or a 4.0 V-6. As long as it gets around my favorite curvy road, I'm happy.

Once again. I am not yanking a perfectly good, great running 4.0 V-6 out of the car, to install something it was never meant to have, because you asshats don't like it. There are more V-6 Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Chargers around here than you can possibly know. A lot of them have really nice body packages. Hell, Mustangs nowadays come with eco-boost four bangers. LMAO!! No more six cylinder Mustangs. SAD!!
It's not a 427 ya knob. It's a power rating.

And that 2.3 makes more power and has better mpg's than your v6 can ever hope to make.

You need to learn to enjoy what you have without having to try and knockdown it's competition.

Reactions: utlong31

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
For those critics, the spoiler I'll be putting on the front is not the Roush spoiler, it's the Cervinni's, which is more closely akin to a 69 Boss Mustang front spoiler than the huge air dam the Roush has. I don't care for huge air dams myself. Cervini's Mustang B2 Chin Spoiler - Textured Black 4365-FTB (05-09 V6) - Free Shipping

And the side window and body scoops are not the Roush parts, but lower profile parts. I'm not trying to make it look like a Roush, just something I can see in my mind that I will like. The spoiler and hood scoop were already on the car when I bought it, and are staying. ;-)

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
First of the appearance mods done. Obtained a Cervinnis front spoiler for it. Got it installed yesterday. Reminds me a lot of the old 69 Boss 302 front spoiler. If it does nothing, it redirects a lot of air up through the lower grill openings. The ram air velocity stack for my CAI is in the lower grill under the driver's side signals. So it likely sees a nice boost in air as well. I've put about 100 miles on it since I got it installed, haven't managed to hit it on anything yet. LMAO!

I didn't install it per the instructions. They used the four push pins underneath and nine self-tapping screws. I don't really care for self-tapping screws if I can do better. Bought a 90 degree angle motor at Harbor Freight, drilled a bunch of 1/4 holes between the spoiler and the bumper, installed 1/4 bolts with lock nuts and one inch fender washers on both sides. Also increased the size and length of the 3M supervisor tape they supplied, from 1/4 to 1/2. And went full length with the two-faced tape instead of just under the signals.

The bumper moves a little with this on there, just a teeny tiny bit. But I don't like it. LMAO!! So I am going to fashion some aluminum supports that go from the four bolts that replace the push pins to the radiator supports. Won't be visible, will firm up the bumper so it doesn't wiggle at all.

Attachments

Reactions: alatreon92

·
11 second street truck
10,540 Posts
Def looks like a "trans am" style splitter

Reactions: cbxer55

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
So, put some more body additions on today. And internal rear window block-off plates. All Cervinni's parts. Almost done with it.

Attachments

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
A few new items. Head light splitters, hood locks, smoked front corners, smoked led third brake light and smoked led sequential tail lights. Coming out of my favorite restaurant tonight, a guy stopped me and said, "that is one bad-ass Mustang dude." I told him, it's a V-6. He said, "I don't care what's under the hood, it's still a bad-ass Mustang." My kinda guy.

Hit that front spoiler for the first time yesterday leaving the local Ford dealer. Didn't break, minor ding on the lower surface. I suppose for a large low hanging front spoiler like that, it's to be expected. Couldn't avoid it. Exit from the dealer downhill, street goes uphill at the same point. Double edged sword. I was like, Oh shit, it's broke! LMAO!

Attachments

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Stumbled on this recently. APR Performance carbon fiber diffuser for 2005 - 2009 Ford Mustang, GT bumper only. Excuse the dirt behind the tire. Was driving to the lake to take the pictures, some business cleaned their parking lot, street a mess. GRRRRR!!!! Happens all the time out here.

Attachments

·
10,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Put new Boss 429 style hood scoop on, and new more sporty mirrors more appropriate to a sports car. The originals look like truck mirrors.

Attachments

Reactions: 49FordLighting
21 - 40 of 40 Posts