Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this sitting on the side of the road with a For Sale sign in it. Loved the way it looks. Had to have it, kind of to replace the old "beater" Ranger. I'm still keeping the Ranger for bad weather events though. LOL.

It took a lot of time to figure out the spoiler is a Roush "R" spec, as the hood scoop is also a Roush. Looked up 2007 Roush Mustang, and both are present on them. I'm just not certain what niche this particular combination falls into.Is it factory or did someone do this after purchase? Hmmmm. It is a 4.0 V-6 auto. We can go on-and-on about how I "should've had a V-8" ( I do drink V8 btw, LOL). I bought it for the appearance, it caught my eye and I had to have it. Otherwise, I could've cared less about ever owning a Stang. I didn't even ask what type engine and trans it had before I paid for it. LOL! I just love the way it looks with the Windveil Blue and flat black accents.

I've already done the intake, WeaponR, and the Ford Performance strut tower brace. Also Accel Supercoils and JBA spiral wound all metal wires. Planning the side window scoops, the scoops in front of the rear tires, a Cervinni's front spoiler, which is very similar to a 69 Boss Mustang piece. Also planning some type of sequential tail lights, likely Spec D clear European with black background, which will match the fronts already on the vehicle.

It's a good running car, but I especially love the way it gets around my favorite twisty road. Better than anything I've had except my two bikes.

Attachments

·
AntiSocial
17 X3 35i, 18 Equinox LT 2.0T, 21 M550i -July production
767 Posts
How about not bothering with the bolt ons and just putting a proper motor in the thing? Give it the life it should have had instead of looking like some kids poser ricer.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes they are Roush parts. If they had been added by Roush you would have the whole body kit and suspension. They did a few stage 2 that are 6 bangers but not many. I have an 07 Stage 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
AntiSocial
767 Posts
Yes they are Roush parts. If they had been added by Roush you would have the whole body kit and suspension. They did a few stage 2 that are 6 bangers but not many. I have an 07 Stage 3
Is the Stage 3 the same as the 427R?

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How about not bothering with the bolt ons and just putting a proper motor in the thing? Give it the life it should have had instead of looking like some kids poser ricer.
Not going to happen. I like it as it is now. As I said in the op, I bought it for the appearance. I don't give a good god damn about the performance. As long as it moves and gets around corners, I'm happy. When I'm done with it, it'll have all the Roush stuff, except the gas guzzler 427. I'd rather have the V-6. I already have my Lightning gas guzzler, don't need another.

I wish this site offered the ability to junk vote peeps, like Zero Hedge does. I'd junk vote you to hell and gone.

I had it to a buck twenty today on the highway. Wasn't even balls to the wall. Works for me. I'd rather have this Classic Retro Fastback, than any tesla, any day of the week.

·
Registered
266 Posts
C'mon man it's almost like you want people to talk shit because it's not a GT. No need to be on the defense because its not a GT. If you like the car that's all that matters.

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
C'mon man it's almost like you want people to talk shit because it's not a GT. No need to be on the defense because its not a GT. If you like the car that's all that matters.
I don't care if it's a GT. It's going to look better than one when I'm finished with it. I'm trying not to be one the defense. I laid it all out in the OP. And yet still, some peeps persist in telling me it's not a V-8. It's a ricer. I don't give a good god damn. I bought it for the appearance. Anything above and beyond that, I'll take. But I'm not going to do a motor and tranny swap. Fuck that shit!

Honestly, it's the first Mustang to catch my eye in years. Most of them go unnoticed by me, because there are just too damn many of them. I was driving by, and this one spoke to me. In my book, that's all it takes. Hell, 18 years ago I had a Lightning I could no longer afford, due to getting laid off after 09/11. I was looking for a replacement. This dark red V-6 Ranger spoke to me. I still have it.

·
AntiSocial
767 Posts
It’s a pure poser. You make it look like something it’s not, that’s the definition of a poser. You’re taking a car that gets annihilated by fucking minivans and making it look like one that does 12s. POSER!!

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s a pure poser. You make it look like something it’s not, that’s the definition of a poser. You’re taking a car that gets annihilated by fucking minivans and making it look like one that does 12s. POSER!!
FOAD. Like I said, I was attracted to it by appearance. I don't give a shit about whether some mini-van will beat it. I rarely see mini-vans here anymore. LOL!!!

ESAD ;-)

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought it for the way it looks. And it will look better when I'm done with it. I don't care if a kid on a skateboard can beat it! It will never be raced! Just as my Lightning has never been raced. And never will be raced.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If someone goes out and buys a 2019 Mustang GT and puts a whipple, tune, ect. But then they remove everything that makes it look like a GT and put 2.3L badges on it and they go out and race people. Is the car a POSER or is it a SLEEPER? Maybe cbxer55's car is just sleeping ?.

·
AntiSocial
767 Posts
If someone goes out and buys a 2019 Mustang GT and puts a whipple, tune, ect. But then they remove everything that makes it look like a GT and put 2.3L badges on it and they go out and race people. Is the car a POSER or is it a SLEEPER? Maybe cbxer55's car is just sleeping ?.
Thats a sleeper, and exactly why I debadge everything. Its one thing to make it look like a lower model. Then you're making that version look better. But when you make it look like a performance version, without the performance, it makes that version look bad. Can't you just see the kid in his Hyundai going on the forum boasting that he just beat a Roush Mustang, when all he beat was this V6.

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thats a sleeper, and exactly why I debadge everything. Its one thing to make it look like a lower model. Then you're making that version look better. But when you make it look like a performance version, without the performance, it makes that version look bad. Can't you just see the kid in his Hyundai going on the forum boasting that he just beat a Roush Mustang, when all he beat was this V6.
Like my Lightning, the car will never be raced. So it's irrelevant. It came with the spoiler and hood scoop. And I'm putting the rest on. If you don't like it, tough. It's my car and a free world. FO.

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have never, in this lifetime, pulled a running motor out of any vehicle to replace it with another. And most especially not a motor different than the vehicle came with. BIG WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! Not starting now.

·
11 second street truck
10,335 Posts
Not going to happen. I like it as it is now. As I said in the op, I bought it for the appearance. I don't give a good god damn about the performance. As long as it moves and gets around corners, I'm happy. When I'm done with it, it'll have all the Roush stuff, except the gas guzzler 427. I'd rather have the V-6. I already have my Lightning gas guzzler, don't need another.

I wish this site offered the ability to junk vote peeps, like Zero Hedge does. I'd junk vote you to hell and gone.

I had it to a buck twenty today on the highway. Wasn't even balls to the wall. Works for me. I'd rather have this Classic Retro Fastback, than any tesla, any day of the week.
If you don't care about performance why did you waste money on coils wires and a fucking Cai?

PS careful at those speeds. V6 2 piece drivelines are known to come apart.

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He must be easing into boosting it.
The idea has occurred to me. It's a lot easier and better than a damn motor swap. But a ways off if I do. Aesthetic mods happening first. ;-)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts