Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had 4 different tires to choose from with the size I want to run. I went with Nitto 420s as I thought the tread pattern was cool looking and the other brands where general, yokohama, and pirelli with boring generic tread patterns. I am on week six waiting on these things to be built. I was told I may get them tomorrow but I doubt it, probably next week.
running 285/35/22 in front and 315/35/24 in the rear

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
22s in front and 24s in rear? Be ready for a lot of people's........opinions. :)

I think it's either going to be epic win or epic fail - probably no middle ground with those; but the pic of the rim looks good.
yeah i know gonna have the guys saying it is killing performance etc.. i have been running 22s for 5 years with no issues. i am more about boulevard pimpin then running numbers. I think it is going to look nuts. the rears are going to be super concave. Well i hope because if not it is going to be one ****ing expensive fail. you could not even buy a whipple with the cost of just 2 rims.

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
Looks like a good looking rim Tom. Just please put a big TCE front AND rear kit on there. With those massive wheels on stock size little brakes it will look kinda goofy. Has the potential to look pretty damn pimp though. Good luck. Lmk if I can help out somehow.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like a good looking rim Tom. Just please put a big TCE front AND rear kit on there. With those massive wheels on stock size little brakes it will look kinda goofy. Has the potential to look pretty damn pimp though. Good luck. Lmk if I can help out somehow.

yep, spoke to todd a few times and had these rims built to his brakes specs. just need to rob a bank and then they are on the truck

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Looks great man!

I ended up going with a 265/35/22 front and 315/30/22 in the rear.

Both those tires are within a millimeter sidewall height.

Looking forward to seeing yours mounted, mine should be in a couple weeks I hope.

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
yep, spoke to todd a few times and had these rims built to his brakes specs. just need to rob a bank and then they are on the truck
Nice man....hope everything comes together then should look pretty sweet when all done.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great man!

I ended up going with a 265/35/22 front and 315/30/22 in the rear.

Both those tires are within a millimeter sidewall height.

Looking forward to seeing yours mounted, mine should be in a couple weeks I hope.
i am running 285/35/22 front and 305/40/22 rear and love it. with my drop the front rubs a little when i hit a big bump or dip but i like the extra meat on the tires and like the bigger rear tire look.

·
9 second club
735 Posts
nice adv.1 wheels which are the old 360forged which i have been another name before. either way good looking wheel and cant wait to see it on a lightning. i was one of the few with hre's on my truck some like em and some dont.

·
9 second club
735 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Rims look sick. Nice! Need more pics though :hyper

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.