Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lets go ahead and get this out of the way, I know RPM Outlet blows ass and I haven't ordered anything from that site since about the first week I had the Lightning. The first mod I ever did to the truck was actually in the same day I upgraded the intake to a Chickenears CAI (no problems) and I did some homework and went shopping for an oil separator.

This was all 5 years ago too.

So here's the problem.

I bought this :
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightsniper1.htm

And now theres oil traces all over it (the part that sits in place of where the oil cap. I think, and im pretty certain I'm right, but I think I'm getting a decent amount of oil in my intake now.

So questions :
Is it possible to get enough oil in your intake this way to cause the truck to run funny?

And

Whats the best solution to this? I've seen a million threads about oil separators and PCV deletes, and I even went and bought one (though a long time ago), I'm still not sure myself what the best solution is.

/Food and Traffic (going home time)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Looks like RPM Outlet snake oil to me. Junk it and get one of Vince's. I've had one of his for 6 years no issues.

·
Guilty by Association
19,345 Posts
It also looks to be nothing more than a PCV valve in a housing. Probably a spring loaded cobra PCV valve. I have an L&S, to be honest I have no idea if its working, I'm going with faith that Vince designed a good product. In saying that, many like to keep the stock system in place and periodically clean the IC @ every 30K miles or so rings a bell for some reason. Most will tell you, and I am included, a functioning PCV system is a must, I wouldn't delete it

·
I <3 my Honda
2,845 Posts
see my sig. It will solve your problem now and i'll even sell it at a sale price.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well isn't that kind of what you'd want anyways? Something to catch oil and put it somewhere else, like in a catch, or perhaps drip it back down in with the rest of the oil? Thats what I was thinking when I bought this thing, but clearly I may have been wrong.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
well maybe I'm thinking backwards but, you have a tube (where your Factory pcv valve was) coming out of the valve cover moving it 8"-12" over and expecting the "oil mist" to drop down directly below the relocated PCV valve that is SUCKING IT UPWARD?

try spraying mist from a water bottle into a Vacuum hose & see how much drops

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
well maybe I'm thinking backwards but, you have a tube (where your Factory pcv valve was) coming out of the valve cover moving it 8"-12" over and expecting the "oil mist" to drop down directly below the relocated PCV valve that is SUCKING IT UPWARD?

try spraying mist from a water bottle into a Vacuum hose & see how much drops

1 - 15 of 15 Posts