Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am not sure if you remember my last thread, but I was only able to manage a [email protected] last time out on street tires and the FRPP tune. I know that was pretty patethic and obvioulsy Ford had the tune WAY conservative.

I had [email protected] do a tune and add a MAFia since the FRPP was pegging the stock MAF. I do not know what he did to the truck or tune, but it is a completely different animal, pulls and sounds COMPLETELY different. I have to give him HUGE props considering this is a mail order tune, I am exictied to see when I datalog it on a dyno what it will really be cabable of. If he comes back to LA I will put the last smaller pulley for 2 more psi and have it custom tuned.

I also called up DTD and had them send me 2x Nitto 555Rs for the rear. I ran them last night at 18psi and they DEAD HOOKED with the Metcos. No issue and get plenty of milage out of them.

I had Paul at Punisher VBs make me a street version. I installed it along with a 4x4 pan. I am having a little issue with reverse slipping, but he is helping me diagnose that problem. The forward gears ROCK!

So my time last night you ask? Off the street, no cool down, youtube video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDpC1oEHo4

60' - 1.86
1/8 - 8.0
MPH - 87
1/4 - 12.54
MPH - 110

I was already happy but I let her cool for a big and it to get darker and lower the DA, 70deg OAT. I added a little ice to my stock IC res. (Cant wait for the trick one). Made another pass.

60' - 1.81
1/8 - 7.9
MPH - 87
1/4 - 12.46
MPH - 110

I should have called it a night after that, lol. I wanted to see the truck run down the track and my brother is 50lbs lighter so I thought maybe he could get more out of her, well he did sorta. He lauched the truck without putting the truck in drive, left it in 1st from the burnout and when it smacked the rev limiter he spit the heater core hose and emptied the entire radiator by the 1/8 mile. The track was not happy, but he didnt even know it came off. I have never had this happen before, I am hope it didn't do any damage. Lesson learned to just watch the truck on video.

Overall great night and good people as usual, the truck is finally coming together and I am happy with where she is currently. I am sure the GF would kill me soon if I dont start getting content with the truck. Thanks for all you guys input and advice so far, I think she will be even faster when it gets even cooler.

Attachments

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
You had a whipple on a stock maf????? Do you have 60# injectors and 255 fuel pumps?

What are you seeing on your boost gauge?

Your only running 12.5's with a whipple? and your doing it on shitto's? Sounds like you have a lot to learn.

Congrats on the new best though! :bigtu :cheers

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was doing the full FRPP kit, it usues the stock MAF to 9psi. I am on the stock fuel system so far and stock block. I went from a 3.375 to 3.0 pulley, stock lower, and I dont know what I am making, somewhere around 5k on the RPM because it goes over the stock PSI, lol. Thanks, it will get there.

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
whats gonna suck is you blowing up due to not haveing a strong enuff fuel system

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
There is plenty fuel to that power level I am told, it will be a concern going forward.
yea since you have a stock lower your probably ok.

But most do these at the minimum for safety when they throw an after market blower on:

Aftermarket MAF - without a doubt. you will peg the stock one, and the truck will go lean, and good bye motor.

60# injectors
Dual 255lph fuel pumps.

Those 3 things will make your combo safer, reduce risks of lean conditions, and help your motor last a lot longer.
(First time you get bad gas, could be all she wrote)

I ran my stock block to the edge with a KB on it and 75 shot. 3" upper, 6# lower. (17# of boost) But I had those supporting mods.

·
Vendor
4,138 Posts
Judging by his 60' and his 1/8 mile he's not running any faster than a Stock Eaton 6# lower truck would run so I'd say his injectors and pumps are just fine at the power he's making. The MAF however would be on the ragged edge in some cool air, so he did good by upgrading.

Judging by his 60' he's not making enough torque to break loose the nitto's, their usually good for 1.7's or so.

No way I'd be proud of those times when I know I spent that much on a Whipple just to get run over by an Eaton truck, but he's not really taking advantage of what the Whipple can do either. Problem is, to take advantage of that Whipple, its gonna cost him alot more.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
congrats on your NPB [smilie=3g:bigtu

we are going to be heading down that way soon.. working on the plans now

getting a vehicle race ready is a process.. we have all been through it.. the true test is to not get frustrated when you have a set back and cherish the triumps that you have no matter how big or little they are..
you will ramp it up when you are ready..just enjoy the truck at the level it is now until you are ready.. practice,practice practice.. it is the best free mod you will get besides colder weather

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Congrats on the PB, lesson learned never let an inexperience person race your ride. Lucky he didnt crash or blow your ride up.

·
Former Rowing Team.
11,833 Posts
I've never seen a 6lb stock eaton run those times at the track OP went to. Mine ran 108. And ported ones trap 110 and more. Different set ups, air all play a part. But we know that.

I'd says it's impressive for down here and in general. So what if he chose to spend money on a whipple. If he goes built, he has a great blower already. He already knew to take advantage of the whipple you needa turn it way up. He wanted to keep it safe and under warranty. Can't do that with a ported eaton or a lower pulley.

·
LSU Fan
1,311 Posts
congrads on the PB.. i thought your MPH would be higher tho i was trapping 111 on my ported eaton and chris at 112

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
I've never seen a 6lb stock eaton run those times at the track OP went to. Mine ran 108. And ported ones trap 110 and more. Different set ups, air all play a part. But we know that.

I'd says it's impressive for down here and in general. So what if he chose to spend money on a whipple. If he goes built, he has a great blower already. He already knew to take advantage of the whipple you needa turn it way up. He wanted to keep it safe and under warranty. Can't do that with a ported eaton or a lower pulley.
I agree with you!!!

Congrats man!!! Get a set of hoosier Slicks and youll be good to go...

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
He said he already has a maf extender I thought? the mafia right?

But with everything else I would say that that stock injectors and pumps are more than enough to accommodate your setup as is.

oh and is this track 8000' above sealevel or somthing or uphill? I really dont know but it seams to be a poopy track from what others are saying. YOu can look up the da for the day you went and get a "correction" factor.

btw what did the guy do just stand on it as its bouncing off the rev limiter saying come on shift, SHIFT! LOL sorry bud. Hope it didnt hurt anything. :) Never ever ever let that guy drive again

·
Registered
759 Posts
For the people who are saying ported Eatons are running similar times, Remember he's only running 9psi vs. 14-16 psi for the ported eaton guys.

·
Vendor
4,138 Posts

They run 111-112 and 7.80-7.90 89 in the 1/8th up here with a 6#lower

And the 6# PE trucks run 113-114 in the 1/4 or 7.40-7.60 92-93 in the 1/8th

BTW since its tuned now, there is no warranty.

For the people who are saying ported Eatons are running similar times, Remember he's only running 9psi vs. 14-16 psi for the ported eaton guys.
I did say that if you read the post, and I'd bet that Whipple pulley combo is more like 12-14 psi if you compared it on the same day with the same gauge and that's the only way to compare boost

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
17 Participants
Derek8819
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing