Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my baby is in the paint shop (has been there for almost two months) Anyway I am having the new paint called Crystal FX put on her.

Just a word of warning IF anyone tries this. The temp has to be below 70 degrees for it to work. Here in Texas we are lucky if it gets below 72 at night. Don't get me wrong my painter is awsome he is hoping to have it finished by next week. The one thing he is having to do since it is so damn hot down here, he is having to air condition his paint booth. Have you ever heard of thisI know I have not. Anyway when I get it back I will post up some pics.

If anyone wants to see what it looks like to to this web site. I am not promoting them but they have some awsome paints.

www.alsacorp.com

Anyway I just wanted to share my two cents with everyone and remember if you don't see smoke and smell burning rubber push the peddle al littler harder.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I forgot this paint is only two months old they just came out with it. I believe I am the first person in Texas that purchased it from them. Man I lke to be first but sometimes it bites you in the a$$. :smt021

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey, I got some questions for ya... I'm thinking it would (obviously) be cheaper and more reasonable to just get a sweet custom paintjob for my truck - keeping the white, with the painted "design" being in Sonic Blue.

So how do you go about doing this? I think Sonic Blue and Oxford White would look killer together, but that's as far as I can personally take it. I'm not an artist, I can't use Photoshop...so how do you figure out what you want?

Do paintshops draw up designs for you of how they can make your truck look with the colors you specify? Or do you have to go there with pictures, saying, "I want this."

I have obviously never dealt with anything paint related. Hah. To be honest, I didn't even know that people modified street vehicles until I took a ride in my friend's 5.0 - three years ago.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOW they do have some cool Paint there
GOOD LUCK Avalanche, I cant wait to see it :smt026
CONGRATS :smt023

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duende said:
Hey, I got some questions for ya... I'm thinking it would (obviously) be cheaper and more reasonable to just get a sweet custom paintjob for my truck - keeping the white, with the painted "design" being in Sonic Blue.

So how do you go about doing this? I think Sonic Blue and Oxford White would look killer together, but that's as far as I can personally take it. I'm not an artist, I can't use Photoshop...so how do you figure out what you want?

Do paintshops draw up designs for you of how they can make your truck look with the colors you specify? Or do you have to go there with pictures, saying, "I want this."

I have obviously never dealt with anything paint related. Hah. To be honest, I didn't even know that people modified street vehicles until I took a ride in my friend's 5.0 - three years ago.

Thanks for any help.
My painter drew what I wanted and then I told him the colors that I wanted and he told me the colors that he tought would lok good. He then painted four or five hell it might have been ten test panels (we could not make up our minds on the colors)before we got it to what was in myt head.

I will tell you that you are going to pay for a custom paint job and you are going to have to be very paciant (sp) there is alot of time involved. Like I said i have been without mine for almost 2 months now. But it is going to be worth it that is all I know.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A gallon should be more than enough I was looking into the thermal heat paint that is 1700 a qrt kit and i would need about 1 and a half qrts to do my entire truck. So I would asume one gallon would be more than enough.

·
Not Fast Enough
1,932 Posts
All time record of reviving a 7 year old thread

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
one of my Lightnings in Gran Turismo 5 is painted chrome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.