Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i left my lightning sit to long and water got into the cylinders, so i had the motor rebuilt about 4 years ago
JDM ported romeo heads
JDM ported intake
JDM Stage II cams
Manley Coated Pistons
hellfire ring set
Manley H Beam Rods
Cobrajet Crankshaft with dual keyways
Canton oil pan
inovator west balancer with interchangable lower pullies
Kenne Bell 2.6
JC Customs intake adapter for trick Stage III intercooler
JLP Powerflow intake plenum
JLP Comp R Headers
Spintech Catback
1800 CFM Throttle body
made 619 to the tires

is this still all the lastest and greatest? or is there bettter things out there that I'm not aware of?
I was hoping to do a refresh of rings and bearings, but this is my chance to upgrade, if needed.
its a street truck driven for fun, not trying to be competive in racing
thanks

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
2,008 Posts
How many miles did you put on in 4 years to make you think you need to rings and bearings?!

·
Registered
453 Posts
umm..yeah ,like asked how many miles , how hard did you put on it .. so as to be thinking you need to re & re it ?

'cause .. I'd check the end play of the crank as is ,in the truck .. compare that to how hard I'd have used it , maybe drain the oil into a white pan so I can see what's in it..and decide , from that

if the end play is ok-fine .. I'd leave the thing alone..if as you say ,you don't race it and the oil comes out nice and clean ..still

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the motor has about 5,000 miles, I started powder coating brackets, changing fastners to ARP chrome bolts, welding AN fittings to the inter cooler, heater exchanger, and Killer Chiller. Then covid was over and didn't have time to finish the truck, so it sat since about November. i have 2 Aeromotive 340's from the stock hat, to aerumotive rails & regulator
I drained the oil and it looks fine, sucked the the water through the spark plug holes, poured narvel mystery oil on the cylinders to soak overnight. In the morning I'll remove the oil from cylinders, then run a leakdown test, then decide what to do
Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK leakdown results are terrible,best cylinder was 45%, rebuild is starting, so what i guess im asking is the heads & cam setup outdated? The trickflow heads & cams combinations were just getting sorted out at the time of my last rebuild, are these worth more power? If so how much, if I have to rebuild it why not upgrade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts