Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been about a year since I got my 01 lightning. When I bought it, it had a brand new motor installed from factory with only 3,000 miles on it. Everything runs great on it, but it has a bad gas smell when idling both under the hood, and in the cabin. I thought it was an exhaust leak, and got that repaired. I also just recently changed the air intake system, it had a cold air intake that had a huge hole in it, so I went back to the stock. That didn't fix it either.

Any other ideas of what it could be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
local painter
3,208 Posts
Any trouble codes?
check the VAC lines for leaks.

·
Registered
2002 Black Ford Lightning
96 Posts
If it has stock fuel lines check the shrader valve if its slightly leaking and both fuel line connections to the fuel rail...or maybe one of the injectors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it has stock fuel lines check the shrader valve if its slightly leaking and both fuel line connections to the fuel rail...or maybe one of the injectors
I am getting the injectors diagnosed today. I do not know about the fuel lines but I will check that. What evidence do I look for if the shredder valve is leaking? Besides the obvious smell.

·
Dude
2,349 Posts
Could be a bad charcoal canister or an evap solenoid issue or just a line associated with it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
697 Posts
My truck has always smelled like gas at idle. If you don't have lean codes or misfire issues I dont think theres much to worry about. If it was leaking at the Schrader valve or injectors you would have other problems, fuel pressure etc

·
Registered
2002 Black Ford Lightning
96 Posts
I am getting the injectors diagnosed today. I do not know about the fuel lines but I will check that. What evidence do I look for if the shredder valve is leaking? Besides the obvious smell.
Look underneath the shrader valve and see if it looks like it's leaking on the coil over plug adapter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts