Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, great to have such a valuable resource so readily available! Props to the creators!

I'm gonna make my first post count....

Installing an aftermarket boost gauge into my '03 HD, anyone delved into this and have a suggested best location to tap into the vacuum line for the psi output?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
under the hood, you'll find a some vacuum lines that "t".... on of them is capped off. It's right between the brake booster and the EGR.

T into that and run your lines into the grommet in the firewall nearby...

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
i have a better picture somewhere... but there's mine. It's a little weird since it goes to a moisture trap then an electronic sender.... but yeah under that clear/white UFO looking thing is where you hook into

and welcome!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the picture!

Thanks for the picture, should be a relatively easy install then if it's already equipped for a "T". Got an e-mail confirming delivery from Summit Racing today, so hopefully will get into it when I get home from work! Thanks again!

I'm in Gainesville, FL.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
there is no t on the black line in a harley....its just a lone black single line with a cap on it. We share the same vacuum harness as the Lightnings do...and no 02/03 Harley came with a boost gauge so its capped off in our rides. The lightnings stock boost gauge hooks to this point.

little better pic for ya. Right where you see the black elbow with opaque hose running through the firewall grommet....that black line is it....it comes from the midplate back along with a red vac line that provides boost/vac to the FPR...this capped off black line provides boost/vac as well.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet, so I'm assuming I can just use the "T" from my boost gauge kit, keep that factory line through the firewall intact and run the other side of the "T" through the firewall to my boost gauge?

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
there is no factory line through the firewall.....it is capped stock right where the opaque tube is attached with the rubber elbow....what you see is an aftermarket boost gauge hooked up..no need for a T....

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,765 Posts
there is no factory line through the firewall.....it is capped stock right where the opaque tube is attached with the rubber elbow....what you see is an aftermarket boost gauge hooked up..no need for a T....

yup, simply remove the cap and hook up the line

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.