Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What’s up guys just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. Just picked up a 2002 HD over the weekend. I’ve been in the LS crowd for a few years but I’ve always wanted one of these trucks. Having a family and always wanting a Lightning makes this perfect for me. I’m pretty sure the previous owners didn’t keep the maintenance up on it. First day I picked it up I drove it home and noticed how caked with oil and carbon the throttle body is. Pulled it off and cleaned it. Also put on a new fuel filter and just changed the rear diff fluid. This weekend I plan to pull the intercooler out and throughly clean it. I’ve seen all the post about how to knock it out. I’m throwing a P0171 and P0174 codes. I suspect the rear pcv valve on the turkey pan. I replaced the hose on the manifold that was cracked. Just ordered up a JLT 3.0 oil separator so I can delete the turkey pan and hope to keep some oil out of the intake. Future plans are for a 6-8# pulley (actual 4-6 on HD) along with a JLP tune and valve body. But first I want to get the maintenance knocked out and get these codes taken care of. Planning tr6ix plugs as well. Don’t think I’ll have enough boost to run 7’s.

·
local painter
2,864 Posts
Welcome to LR! :bigtu ??
sounds like your on the right track.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HD has 150k on it and I’m doing the intercooler cleaning this weekend. I keep hearing the gaskets are reusable. What’s people’s thought reusing them? Also I’ve heard to reuse the bolts but make sure to use thread lock on the bolts.

·
Fresh to Death
52 Posts
Use the gaskets. I didn't put thread lock on the bolts, first of hearing that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ford calls them TTY bolt people have been reusing them with thread sealer. I plan to do the same but I’m leaving the intercooler on the mid plate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it all cleaned and changed out over the weekend. Ported the blower while I had it off. It’s a different animal now! Just trying to decide on which lower pulley to get. Would like 12# max for a dd

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sir. She screams pretty good now. I went of the how to that posi did on the ports and made the blower match it. Now I just need a pulley and tune to really take advantage of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts