Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm from San Antonio Texas and have had my 01 black Lightning for about 4 months now. I purchased it in new Braunfels and am now the third owner. Only 113k on the odometer but overall a well taken care of truck from up north. It even has a protective coating underneath to prevent rust that's how much the first owner cared. Well i could talk all night about everything i love about it but I'd rather get to know the site. I do all mechanical work my self so i will gladly post on threads as i go up my mod list. Lmk who's close to me to help each other out in the future !!!

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey guys I'm from San Antonio Texas and have had my 01 black Lightning for about 4 months now. I purchased it in new Braunfels and am now the third owner. Only 113k on the odometer but overall a well taken care of truck from up north. It even has a protective coating underneath to prevent rust that's how much the first owner cared. Well i could talk all night about everything i love about it but I'd rather get to know the site. I do all mechanical work my self so i will gladly post on threads as i go up my mod list. Lmk who's close to me to help each other out in the future !!!
Welcome! :cheers im from s.a. and their's couple members here aswell. Post a picture of your Lightning hopefully i get to see it around sometime. :rockon_ford

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the delay I've been having issues with the uploads from gallery. This one i had to take. In reply to all, thanks @latemodel i sure will pm soon. I had already purchased a jlt oil separator from you'll and it's awesome. For you'll buddies in S.a hope to see y'all too it's rare to see another lightning at the car meets when i do go (Texaco on 151)Saturday night meet. In response to the 01 being the fastest, i believe anything after 2000 is faster than the first 2nd gen lightning kickoff. The 99 and 00 were the ones with the most issues and also in 2001 it jumped to 380 stock horsepower. Gears changed to 3.73s, 0-60 in 5.2 instead of 6.2, thicker aluminum driveshaft, improved intercooler since 99-00 had that leak issue, lower intake manifold was redesigned and the air inlet size was also increased. Most importantly they added a few more threads to the spark plug threads since overtime they would loosen and blow out resulting in a stripped thread. That was mechanical changes but the looks changed to the awesome upper and lower grill and the wheels in my opinion. One day I'll own a 2003 though I've always wanted the last of years with low miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now mods, it has the bassani cat back exhaust system. K&N cold air system, JLT oil separator . That's all so far. Running Nitto NT555s all around. I did the turkey pan hose delete and cleaned the intercooler, i thank God i did that delete. Runs on amsoil 5-30w. Ngk tr-6's.Got new headlights with 6k hids and led fogs. LED white interior, LED white reverse lights, Led white cargo lights. Has Viper 5906v(vipers top of the line) remote start with voice, motion sensors and back up battery. Red optima battery, weathertech floor mats, it's got the metal jacket rubber coating on the bed and undercarriage. Other then that all stock. I plan on going catless with bassani's y pipe, installing the punisher transmission valve body, getting my seats Re done, and finding (hopefully here) a slim bed cover. That's just for the next 4 months.. Lol. I'm sure I'm missing something but I'll correct as i find.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,279 Posts
Looks good,:bigtu ohh and Black is the fastest !!!! lol... Fyi: There is a truck shootout @ the track (SAR) next sat. the 19th,

i should be there.... got a finish up hogging out my intake...

Mike :rockon_ford

·
Slevin
1,019 Posts
welcome, I'm just up the road from you.
If you need an extra set of hands or advice, let any of us know. Im sure we can all help out if you need it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry for the delay I've been having issues with the uploads from gallery. This one i had to take. In reply to all, thanks @latemodel i sure will pm soon. I had already purchased a jlt oil separator from you'll and it's awesome. For you'll buddies in S.a hope to see y'all too it's rare to see another lightning at the car meets when i do go (Texaco on 151)Saturday night meet. In response to the 01 being the fastest, i believe anything after 2000 is faster than the first 2nd gen lightning kickoff. The 99 and 00 were the ones with the most issues and also in 2001 it jumped to 380 stock horsepower. Gears changed to 3.73s, 0-60 in 5.2 instead of 6.2, thicker aluminum driveshaft, improved intercooler since 99-00 had that leak issue, lower intake manifold was redesigned and the air inlet size was also increased. Most importantly they added a few more threads to the spark plug threads since overtime they would loosen and blow out resulting in a stripped thread. That was mechanical changes but the looks changed to the awesome upper and lower grill and the wheels in my opinion. One day I'll own a 2003 though I've always wanted the last of years with low miles.
I would like to join you in a meet, but from what i hear police like to start handing out tickets for no front plates,(which i dont have) and their's to many kids burning out and having close calls hitting others.
A lightning meet would be nice tough!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks peeps and for you'll in San Antonio 210-845-3980 shoot me a text for anything you'll may need. If I'm able to help I'm there. We for sure will hang out one day. That's what i heard as well but the several times I've been nothing has happened. I myself have no front plate.. Lol

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
Welcome to LR. I lived in SA from 2007-2012 in the 1604/Potranco area. Back in the day myself and a few other Lightning guys would meet at the weekly Fuddruckers car show but the property owners shut that down in 2008. The Potranco/151 Texaco meet popped up after the Fuddruckers meet ended. I never went there though. Biff's was enjoyable but I didn't go very often because I dreaded the traffic and distance to get to the event.

I don't know if they still do it, but back in the day Castroville did monthly car shows during the summer months.

I wish we did more GTGs before I moved back to Cali, I definitely miss having a 1/4 mile track so close and wish I could go to the Truck Shootout.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts