Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to introduce myself to the board. My name is Don Im in San Antonio TX.
I know at least one member here already (Walt AKA "Bird") possibly some others that Im not aware of their screen names on this site.
That said I am a former G1 owner sold recently after 11 yrs and picked up this 03 DSG G2 in June. I drove from TX to NH to get it and drove it back to San Antonio. 2k mile trip in 2 days and it was flawless. Bought it with 36296 mi. Spent all winters inside from Oct to Apr. Now that it is in a warm rust free climate it is my DD truck and I LOVE it have just a tick under 43K now.

I am just getting to know the ins and outs of these trucks so I hope to garner some good info from the experienced guys here.

Truck has following mods and is pretty much "where I want it" as far as that since I drive it daily. I just want it fun and safe as far as tune/power.
BBK L/T Headers
Full Magnaflow Cat back with X pipe
High Flow cats
Throttle Body
K&N Filter
#2 Lower pulley
Chip with tune.

Next Month installing a catch can and 100mm idler pullies as well as pull the blower and clean the intercooler

I am a FORD guy all the way my current other car is a 04 MACH1 owned since new has 62K on it.

These pics were taken in VT at the lake cabin we stayed in the day after I picked it up in NH. It now has tinted windows here in TX.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
You got a nice one there, Don. Do yourself a favor though and get some Gorilla tape and tape that chip in real good to the PCM. You'll know what I mean when you look at it. Don't want it coming loose on you.

Say hi to the wife for me.

Bird

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I take to MaxV I am going to have Tracy pull it and tune it with an SCT I think.
I am loving it Walt.
Night n Day between G1 and this one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I take to MaxV I am going to have Tracy pull it and tune it with an SCT I think.
I am loving it Walt.
Night n Day between G1 and this one.

·
Slevin
1,019 Posts
Welcome!
Looks like you have the mods I want for a DD, minus ported plenum/blower/midplate/intake.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,279 Posts
Welcome, :smt023what part of SA are you in? Im in NW.... GTG every sat nt at 151/potranco!!:rockon_ford

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome aboard Don! And congrats on your purchase!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Lightning parts, and needs!
https://lmr.com/Ford-Lightning

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome! Nice dsg hope to see it around!

Welcome, :smt023what part of SA are you in? Im in NW.... GTG every sat nt at 151/potranco!!:rockon_ford
I went two weeks ago and i saw no lightnings there! :smt021

Seems like we keep having more s.a. lightning members, we should have a get together sometime!

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,279 Posts
Welcome! Nice dsg hope to see it around!

I went two weeks ago and i saw no lightnings there! :smt021

Seems like we keep having more s.a. lightning members, we should have a get together sometime!
i was there 2 weeks ago in my girls bimmer, and your right no L's around. Did see a black HD tho....

And im in for a GTG !!!!:bigtu

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful truck Don! I'm new here also. I just picked up a Black '01 two weeks ago. Looking forward to meeting more L owners in the SA area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry haven't been back to ck this lately.
Thanks for all the friendly welcomes.
I am on the NE side of SA near Airport.
I frequent BIFFS (I35 @ Topperwein) on Friday nights often. It is a reg Fri nite GTG for all types of car and truck enthusiasts

@[email protected] I have spent many a dollar with LMR on my Mustangs and previous G1 you guys are always great to deal to with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts