Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A weekend I had. Changed the Intercooler gasket and blower gasket. What a two day job it was. I also went ahead and painted the blower,plenum, and intake black while it was all apart. My other Question is how many bolts hold the plenum ontop the eaton?

:bling:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yep - its 6.

There are two small ones against the firewall that are fairly easy to forget about.

Herb

BTW - the black looks great - nice and menacing!!

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
Looks real good :smt023

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
5 short ones, and one long one if i remember correctly.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pops misplaced one in the tool box with the sockets somehow :smt021. I was ditermined to find it no matter what, If not I was going to call and order a new one from Ford [smilie=eek4.gif]. But I found a place to get a new set of hoses for my intake so they will be black. www.turbohoses.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks sweet! What can you paint it with, is it as easy as just using a high heat engine spray paint?

Jon

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I went down to AutoZone and got some High Heat engine Paint. I taped off the Bolt holes,top of blower inlet, and pluged the plenum with a old rag and went to town with it. I allowed it to dry over night before I put it backtogather. If you are going to replace the gasket that goes under the intercooler and under the blower it will be ruffly $70 for both gaskets from ford [smilie=eek4.gif].

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Looks Great Bro :smt023 :smt023

Somehow I think you know I love that Look :D

The only thing I can add about painting it,
I sanded mine down a bit and took the shine off the orig paint before I sprayed it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts