Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. Just joined this site. I just bought a 2001 Lightning. Has 88k for mileage. Runs great!! Wish I would of bought one a lot sooner! I don't have any experience with them, so this is all new to me. I'm more of a Mustang push rod guy. I just installed a Methonal/Water injection kit on it. A Devils Own stage 2. Doing a 50/50 mix right now. It did come with a programmer but I plan on doing a custom tune in the future. I know it has a aftermarket Throttle Body. It's a mono blade, but its not a Accufab. Not sure on the brand and it has a aftermarket Plenum. Has a big lower pulley, but not sure what size. I installed a aftermarket boost gauge. Runs 12psi of boost at WOT. It has a K&N CAI. 2" drop in the back. 20" True Forged rims. Bassani catback. I purchased some Long tubes for it, but haven't installed them yet. I would like to pull the supercharger off and clean the intercooler and see if it has been ported. If it hasn't, I would like to get it ported. Anyone on here still port these for people?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Welcome to the site - lot's of good info here to learn from and also to share if you find things we don't know.

Might go ahead and put your location in your profile so that fellow lightning owners in your area can see that and let you know what's going on as to activities, etc in your area.

There's a couple of porters on this site - you'll probably be contacted by one of them in the near future.

Bird

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Welcome wanna go turbo my buddy is selling a kit text me if interested 631-559-9137

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome wanna go turbo my buddy is selling a kit text me if interested 631-559-9137
I would love to go turbo, but with the mileage on the truck and the motor being stock I don't think the rods will put up with the extra power for very long and I'm not ready for a motor rebuild on it just yet. Still finishing up my Cobra so that's my money pit right now. I do however would like to have the blower ported as much as possible and have it retuned with the methanol/water injection and enjoy for now.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome and Pictures of truck? The profile pic is to small. So are they CCWs or true forged? Look like true forged from the small picture.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and Pictures of truck? The profile pic is to small. So are they CCWs or true forged? Look like true forged from the small picture.
They are True Forged. I'll try to get some pics later today. Been raining like crazy here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple of pics. Truck is way dirty!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Artesia, NM - I grew up in Roswell and we had farms all over that area all the way down to Malaga. Uncle had a farm in Dexter and another closer to Artesia also - good memories of growing up over there.

Really nice truck - the wheels actually go very well with it.

Bird

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Artesia, NM - I grew up in Roswell and we had farms all over that area all the way down to Malaga. Uncle had a farm in Dexter and another closer to Artesia also - good memories of growing up over there.

Really nice truck - the wheels actually go very well with it.

Bird
Good to hear someone that knows the area. Last couple of years the housing and population has really been growing. Oil field jobs have been one of the main reasons for the growth. Things have calmed down since the price of oil has dropped, but they are still drilling out in Loco Hills and Maljamar area. Malaga has really grown too!

·
"01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
Welcome in from Cali, if your have 12 lbs of boost then you probably have a 4 lb lower, nice truck

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,251 Posts
Welcome aboard! :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts