Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Eaton Ricers
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just bought a 2k Lightning Monday, so now I get to come here to feed my addiction, lol.

2000 Black Lightning w/ 65k miles.
Lowered maybe 2/4??? Not real sure on that yet.
K&N cold air
Flowmasters
No cats
JLT oil seperator

That's all I know about for sure. Bought the truck from a dealer so info was limited. Pics to follow soon. If you are in the Louisville area hit me up. Love to get some input from someone with more knowledge.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
Welcome to the mad house. You will find all the info you will ever need here. Post pix of the L

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,677 Posts
Hi guys. Just bought a 2k Lightning Monday, so now I get to come here to feed my addiction, lol.

2000 Black Lightning w/ 65k miles.
Lowered maybe 2/4??? Not real sure on that yet.
K&N cold air
Flowmasters
No cats
JLT oil seperator

That's all I know about for sure. Bought the truck from a dealer so info was limited. Pics to follow soon. If you are in the Louisville area hit me up. Love to get some input from someone with more knowledge.

we're having a GTG on Friday a couple hours south of ya

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
we're having a GTG on Friday a couple hours south of ya
Welcome. Go to this GTG! Meet stoffer, very knowledgable. Read the gen 2 how too's.

·
Eaton Ricers
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More seat time = more questions

Ok guys, a little more seat time has raised new questions, lol. Sorry, but I don't have any local L owners to ask/compare...

At what RPM do you normally see peak boost? I thought it was low, but on my truck it doesnt seem to be. From a roll around 35-40, if I stab it WOT, the boost rises with the RPM gauge, reaching 8lbs. around 4k, and peaking around 9-10lbs. at 5k. When it shifts the boost doesn't seem to fall off with the rpms, so I'm a little confused. I am using the stock boost guage. Is this a sign of how crappy the stock boost gauge is, or am I really only seeing peak boost for about 400 RPM?

Also around the boost guage, I see full vac. cruising at any speed, and even under lighter acceleration. It only raises to 0 at around 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. Is this normal, or even correct?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but like I said, I don't really have any locals to compare to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts