Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines (page eight)
that the new Lightning has been put off, again. A number of reasons were mentioned.
1. The development of the GR-1 Sports Car pushed the "L" back to a 2008 release but Ford is scheduled for a rebody of the F150 in 2009, so they decided not to make an "L" for only one model year production. It would not have been a "viable business decision".

2. Competitive issues with the SRT-10. The current F150 weighs some 600 lbs more than the last body style, and because of this, they found it would be tough to mass produce a truck that could beat the SRT'10's performance numbers. "Ford wasn't about to produce a vehicle that couldn't better the Mopar".

3.Ford's new push rod V8's ("Hurricane" engine) should be ready for the 2009 model year.

Also, the Mustang Cobra has been pushed back, too. Possibly to 2008.  ..... Who KNOWS??????? ..WQ

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I guess we better take good care of our Gen's, and bring them into the Future Hu
because we sure can count on Ford @(*%(@$%()@$%()@$%(@$%)$

I see no reason for them to NOT come right out with a new Gen Cobra, when they know it would be an instant success, a rocket ship, a huge seller, and easy as schitt for them to do.
stupid stupid stupid.....
Corporate America is screwing up every entire Job on the planet, we knew it was only a matter of time for Ford to act like our bosses and cut out all the good stuff, [email protected](#%@($%@$(#@%#$(@%$(@$%(@$%@(*$%@*($%*@$%*@$%*@$%*(#@$%*@#($%@#*$%@*$
Frigging CEO's :smt027

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
I guess we better take good care of our Gen's, and bring them into the Future Hu
because we sure can count on Ford @(*%(@$%()@$%()@$%(@$%)$

I see no reason for them to NOT come right out with a new Gen Cobra, when they know it would be an instant success, a rocket ship, a huge seller, and easy as schitt for them to do.
stupid stupid stupid.....
Corporate America is screwing up every entire Job on the planet, we knew it was only a matter of time for Ford to act like our bosses and cut out all the good stuff, [email protected](#%@($%@$(#@%#$(@%$(@$%(@$%@(*$%@*($%*@$%*@$%*@$%*(#@$%*@#($%@#*$%@*$
Frigging CEO's  :smt027

I agree totally,Rob!! My L aint (southern for is'nt) going nowhere!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.