Lightning Rodder banner

Please indicate your choice of Banner Style.

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, this is a pre-announcement of sorts but I have already run this by Rob (and Vinnie) for some feedback and its been all positive. I'm going to be offering 24" X 48" HD vinyl Lightning Rodder Garage/Man-Cave Banners. Many of you take pride in your trucks, your garages, and man-caves LOL... and like all auto/racing enthusiasts... would love to have some race/performance art on the wall to make it a more "special" place. Now here's one such special place a few of us have been to and dirtied our hands LOL.

First blush on the Gen1 banner looks like this:

This is only a sample to give you guys an idea. Here's a Gen2 banner now:

OK, there's two ways I can do this. One is to have a group buy of 25 minimum banners per style and if I did that, the target price would be $60 bucks including shipping. The 2nd approach would be to do one-off custom banners using YOUR truck so when your friends come hang out they see your truck in the banner on the garage or man-cave wall. The custom banner target is $85 bucks shipped. Needless to say, I can also do a Harley version and the same price constraints. And likewise, I can do a Mustang, Corvette, or whatever version.

As far as a generic group buy banner, I used Rob's and Jody's trucks for the sampler because they're both friends and I just love those two trucks. If the group buy flies, we can have a poll to see what truck appears on the generic banner. Right now, I'm looking for feedback to see what the level of enthusiasm is, so please comment. Those of you who have my shroud labels know I try to do a quality graphics job and give you a quality item. Same would apply here, these banners would be durable, weatherproof, and well made.

Another possibility I would offer is for tuners and vendors. If you PM me, we can talk about designing a custom business-specific banner for your shop that you could sell to customers. Maybe you have a car or truck you'd like in the graphics.

Thanks for taking a look!

Mike

·
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love a shop banner. Custom, of course! And a track banner to fly at my pit area as well.

Jim
Why did I know that LOL. Well, click on the poll Jim...I need to know this stuff!!! Hmmm... track banner? We talking 2 X 5 or bigger like 30" X 96"? Gonna tie it to the fence so the photogs can see you? Or string it up with poles?

From my days when I was gainfully employed as a toy/game R&D guru... I always told my people "we can make an elephant fly" (as long as we have the money LOL).

Mike

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
very nice

·
Administrator
18,207 Posts
Running nines in a street truck is akin to making an elephant fly! And yes, it takes lots of $$$!

2' x 4' for a flag pole , for the track. But it looks like the garage banner will work fine for that. I would love my truck on the shop banner. And would need a custom logo for "TOPGUN MOTORSPORTS" on the flag.

Jim

·
Founder
13,857 Posts
KILLER :bigtu
All I need is a total and PP Addy you already know which one I want :woohoo

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
A custom one sounds good to me.

·
grease monkey
696 Posts
im in for a custom, maybe a generic as well:bigtu

·
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Combos would fall under custom banner but two vehicles might need to be 2' X 5'? PM me and we'll discuss. Alternative is vehicles are smaller.

Rob, I assume you want the wheels up picture? I'll check your web page to see if you have that shot. Paypal is same as always; [email protected].

I can't hold the lower price on the generic unless I get 25 orders of _that_ style. Otherwise the price goes up and then its probably smarter to go custom.

Mike

·
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are these going to be out of banner material or the plastic like the shrouds?
Vinyl banner material Jeremy, weatherproof, seamed, and with grommets. Not like the shroud labels... totally different. Finished product something like this:

That (generic) 22" X 48" banner sells for $67+shipping. I'm probably going to do Rob's first, so I'll take actual pictures.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
I def want one

·
10,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm thinking this is a rough of what Rob wants LOL:

Needs some Photoshop tweaking but that's the general idea. I'm limited to the quality of the image supplied, so keep that in mind. No camera phone shots LOL.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts