Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after stripping the cab due to a water leak from back window I decided to bite the bullet and take on the console mod as well as recover my seats in black.
It was a pretty long project but I'm happy with the results. I still need to figure out the best way to address the seat belts. I'm guessing vinyl dye.
Special thanks to Chris (the12fast4u) for his great job and support in helping me get this done. Onto some pics!
Getting started....

Seat covers and console arrive.

My dining room for about 3 months....lol

Getting closer

Basically done

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. This is my 3rd L and I always wanted to try this mod.
To paint the other parts I googled "paint my interior black lightning" and found some good threads. Basically it is just taking it apart, 2000 grit sand and wash with Dawn soap, sem vinyl prep and adhesive promoter, then SEM Landau black. Skip any of those steps and I would have to do it over again. I painted those doors 2 years ago and they still look fresh.
The upholstery install intimidated me because I'd never hog ringed before but it wasn't too bad. I can't even change plugs on the truck so if I can do it, you can too! Lol

· Registered
76 Posts
Better yet...where did the console come from and how do you go about making the passenger seat a bucket seat or is this all Expedition stuff and who has the seat cover sets to do both seats as buckets...need more info please!

· Registered
616 Posts
Better yet...where did the console come from and how do you go about making the passenger seat a bucket seat or is this all Expedition stuff and who has the seat cover sets to do both seats as buckets...need more info please!
Look up the12fast4u he makes the covers, sells the console as a "kit" with all the plates and stuff to bolt it on and he can also cut your lower seat to make it the bucket and get the brackets.

He did my seat and I bought a gray center console with the cover to match the stock seats. Gonna have to order the black package soon.

· SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,613 Posts
Wow, looks very sexy! Black FTW!! :bigtu

· Registered
3,003 Posts
Ive seen his black interior in person i thought their were harley door panels from how clean the paint job came out....

He bought the truck with the black capet...but im sure lmr black capet is anyones best option....
My interior mods are soon to be black capet and gray suede headliner...

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The back carpet on the wall I just sprayed with VHT vinyl dye. Used that on the sun visors too. I bought it all on amazon. My interior does still smell of paint.....lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.