Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a custom inlet tube. I used the C&L intake elbow that I originally had and welded a 95mm billet aluminum MAF housing (was a MAC air induction kit) to it to make it totaly unique from anyone else. There is a similar tube on the market made by Billetflow that costs $625, I have much less than that in my setup and nobody else has one ;)

So basically I went from a plastic 90mm MAF to a Alum. 95mm MAF, and from a 4 inch air filter inlet to a 6 inch inlet with a velocity stack tapering into the MAF tube. Also notice the MAF electrical is now hidden on the back side of the tube.

I also used a drill press at work and changed the look of the boring flat Kenne Bell supercharger pulley to give it a little more depth and flash.

I left the weld on the tube, I thought about grinding it flush so that it wouldnt be seen, but I kinda like the weld, what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like the look a lot but I have a question...

Are you re-tuning your truck since you increased the diameter by 5mm?

You might look into that if you haven't adjusted anything yet.  That's the problem with the C&L Mass air meter.
The stock electronics are in place which are calibrated for a 90 mm opening and telling the computer that a certain volume
has been delivered to the engine.  When you increase the diameter by 5mm there's a larger volume of air that will be flowing past that the computer won't be able to give fuel for.  You'll be running leaner.

Also...
what pulley is that on the front of the KB??? You changed that too!
That's nice!

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Words can not express how frigging beeeeeeeeeeeautiful your ride is Bro,
and the new Mod looks

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
airtroop01 said:
I like the look a lot but I have a question...

Are you re-tuning your truck since you increased the diameter by 5mm?

You might look into that if you haven't adjusted anything yet.  That's the problem with the C&L Mass air meter.
The stock electronics are in place which are calibrated for a 90 mm opening and telling the computer that a certain volume
has been delivered to the engine.  When you increase the diameter by 5mm there's a larger volume of air that will be flowing past that the computer won't be able to give fuel for.  You'll be running leaner.

Also...
what pulley is that on the front of the KB???  You changed that too!
That's nice!
Yep, a new tune is needed.
I also added Dynatech longtubes, highflow cats, and midpipes a few weeks ago. And I plan on adding a few more items in the next few weeks. ;)
Once I get all the parts to the puzzle finished I plan on getting the tune all straight.

KB ZILLA said:
I also used a drill press at work and changed the look of the boring flat Kenne Bell supercharger pulley to give it a little more depth and flash.

·
Registered
20 Posts
on these pics i noticed that you are not running the pipe that goes from the Exhaust to the Intake. why is that.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
1badsvt said:
on these pics i noticed that you are not running the pipe that goes from the Exhaust to the Intake.  why is that.
Its the EGR tube thats missing. Not needed if you shut the EGR off. Which you can do with the chip.

VINNIE

BTW- Motor looks TIGHT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
what is the benefit of doing that? Is it HP or keeps the blower and intake cooler? Is it worth doing? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1badsvt said:
what is the benefit of doing that?  Is it HP or keeps the blower and intake cooler?  Is it worth doing?  thanks for the help.
Some will argue there are temperature benifits and others say there are no temp. benifits.

I could care less either way...I did it to clean up the engine compartment, and I am lucky enough to live in a state that has not emission laws at all. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
That truck looks bad ass every time you show it just keeps getting better and better [smilie=bow.gif]

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Zilla,

You never cease to amaze me.

I definately applaud the fact that you have done all the painting on your L and really have put blood, sweat and a ton of elbow grease in your Hot Rod.

Nice job as usual.

VINNIE

·
Registered
26 Posts
Def keep the weld, it'd look kinda false without, like moulded plastic.
Neat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts