Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just ordered my new hubs. Having Aerospace make the new ones utilizing in a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern so I can mount a set of 18x6 Alumastars up front on the truck. Once the hubs get here I'll be sending 1 off to Todd at TCE and seeing if he can work his magic on getting his 15inch kit to work with that hub and rim.

Long term plan is the run a couple different sets of wheels but the alumastars will be the smallest and I don't want to change brakes all the time. I'll keep everyone posted once parts start showing up.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These showed up today.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is the hub 2 pieces? Looking at the back side. One section (outer ring) is for the rotor to mount and the other section (inner ring) is where the studs mount. Just curious on that.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the hub 2 pieces? Looking at the back side. One section (outer ring) is for the rotor to mount and the other section (inner ring) is where the studs mount. Just curious on that.
The Hub is actually 1 piece. The only thing that comes off of what you see is the small front cap on the end that screws on. As for price they def aren't cheap but I also had them make them in a different bolt pattern as well. 5x4.5 for different wheels that I want to run. They around $750

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like they are worth the cost. Post a short review about them next time.
I will as soon as I get them installed. I can tell you already that they come well packaged, appear but be of excellent quality. The bearings and studs come with them as well but they come with absolutely no instructions what so ever. Not they are a fairly easy pieces to figure out how to install just something to note that is all.

Reactions: hotshot

·
Registered
930 Posts
Did you have to give them any information as far as spindle sizes for your truck or did they know exactly what to make?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you have to give them any information as far as spindle sizes for your truck or did they know exactly what to make?
They new exactly what was needed for the lightning. Some of the guys here have there brakes already and in fact this was the same setup used on the Yeti I believe which is how they were able to fit the Welds up front which is exactly what I will be doing as well for a rim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will as soon as I get them installed. I can tell you already that they come well packaged, appear but be of excellent quality. The bearings and studs come with them as well but they come with absolutely no instructions what so ever. Not they are a fairly easy pieces to figure out how to install just something to note that is all.
My uncle got a new Lightning project and he got some good plans for it. Bet he will like that hubs. I'll just finish installing the railings and hard tonneau cover and I'll share your photos here. Looking forward to your end results and reviews.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts