Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello LR, lifetime Ford junkie (restore old Mustangs & Broncos) and new L owner from Central FL. Bought the truck a few weeks ago from the original owner in Orange Park (just S of Jax). She is #4861 born on 6/8/2001 and is Silver.

Came with a few mods:
Flex A Lite E-fans
C & L upper
C & L 95mm MAF & Inlet pipe
SBTB
2# crank pulley
Walbro 255's
Borla catback
Belltech shackles

Dyno tune by Tuners Inc. (Tony G.) 392/477

First order of business will be an L&S oil sep, I/C cleaning and plug change... Down the line I hope to do some DIY long bars, home port the Eaton, VB, and maybe a couple more PSI.

Driveway is at a slight angle, truck is a hair lower in the front vs. the rear but I'm sure she will come down with time.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congrats on your purchase!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Lightning parts, and needs!
https://lmr.com/Ford-Lightning

·
Registered
56 Posts
welcome

as long as you are planning to home port the eaton,may I suggest porting and polishing the stock exhaust manifolds.i did mine .pretty easy to get to,might want to remove pass side wheel liner.i spent about 4 hours on each manifold porting and polishing and my hands were numb for two days afterward but it was worth it for the extra power and smoothness.made more of a difference than any of my other mods so far(sbtb.ported midplate/ inlet.e fan,magnaflow 4 cat mids/cat back,.handheld tuner)plus here in so cal the smog nazis will never be the wiser.any questions let me know.good luck from the west coast:bigtu

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,657 Posts
as long as you are planning to home port the eaton,may I suggest porting and polishing the stock exhaust manifolds.i did mine .pretty easy to get to,might want to remove pass side wheel liner.i spent about 4 hours on each manifold porting and polishing and my hands were numb for two days afterward but it was worth it for the extra power and smoothness.made more of a difference than any of my other mods so far(sbtb.ported midplate/ inlet.e fan,magnaflow 4 cat mids/cat back,.handheld tuner)plus here in so cal the smog nazis will never be the wiser.any questions let me know.good luck from the west coast:bigtu
ported exhaust manifolds :laughing25

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,657 Posts
OP, leave the actual port work to the pro's, jokerz porting can and will hook you up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts