Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'll get the haters/flamers on here.... but here's what I'm planning on this winter after I get $$$ saved up. Probably gonna be a late winter/ early spring install so I can pay cash for motor.

built short block with ARP studs
Trick Flow 44 cc heads with upgraded springs
cams.... still working on details
motor will be delivered as a long block... will just need timing cover n valve covers put on when it gets here.

PI stall...... not sure 2400 or 2600 (got a hook up on one)
throw the MP blower on; spin it to around 22-24 PSI
60 lb injectors with dual 255 pumps

got someone on here that wants my current short block to build up already called dibs.

Gonna take my poor broken L up to iowa to hide in my brothers new heated floor garage for the winter (read free storage). And have family help me do the motor swap. My middle brother is an ASE MASTER mech and my other brother, and brother in law are all motor heads who run BB pulling trucks. My brother Doug said we should be able to swap it in a couple days max since it's already mostly torn down.

might just break motor in on the 2.7" upper and 4 lb lower since I already have a tune/tuner sitting here ready to go?!:smt102

Any ideas/ tips tricks are appreciated:cheers

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Take your time adn do it right! which sounds like it's going to be a great set up.. Good Luck... Hit up PSI Motorsports for their Custom cams

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Sounds good to me :bigtu

Take pictures to post up as the work goes on.

·
Administrator
18,138 Posts
I know I'll get the haters/flamers on here.... but here's what I'm planning on this winter after I get $$$ saved up. Probably gonna be a late winter/ early spring install so I can pay cash for motor.

built short block with ARP studs
Trick Flow 44 cc heads with upgraded springs
cams.... still working on details
motor will be delivered as a long block... will just need timing cover n valve covers put on when it gets here.

PI stall...... not sure 2400 or 2600 (got a hook up on one)
throw the MP blower on; spin it to around 22-24 PSI
60 lb injectors with dual 255 pumps

got someone on here that wants my current short block to build up already called dibs.

Gonna take my poor broken L up to iowa to hide in my brothers new heated floor garage for the winter (read free storage). And have family help me do the motor swap. My middle brother is an ASE MASTER mech and my other brother, and brother in law are all motor heads who run BB pulling trucks. My brother Doug said we should be able to swap it in a couple days max since it's already mostly torn down.

might just break motor in on the 2.7" upper and 4 lb lower since I already have a tune/tuner sitting here ready to go?!:smt102

OK. Good basic plan. But I have a question. How in the world are you going to make that Magnum Powers blower make 24#s of boost? From my experience that would take stuffing something in the exhaust.:smt102

Jim

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take your time adn do it right! which sounds like it's going to be a great set up.. Good Luck... Hit up PSI Motorsports for their Custom cams
I've been reading/researching cams for the TF heads for a week.... trying to figure out the numbers; But after seeing those RED TF headed turbo trucks run.... I think you might be onto something?!

Sounds good to me :bigtu

Take pictures to post up as the work goes on.
Owe, Like that won't happen?!:laughing25

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
No way you'll be getting that thing to 24#s!

UNLESS you make some one off massive wagon wheel.

Ihave TF heads, full exhaust, 10# lower and 2.7 upper and I know I wont make that much boost.

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
I've been reading/researching cams for the TF heads for a week.... trying to figure out the numbers; But after seeing those RED TF headed turbo trucks run.... I think you might be onto something?!

Owe, Like that won't happen?!:laughing25
I'll ask Patrick the exact specs of the cams he's putting in my ported tf heads and let you know.

I think only blaine's truck has trick flows, I don't think SS this does.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,655 Posts

You will need a new tune to compensate the for new Heads & Cams combo setup and also if you upgrade to 60lb injectors.

I'm sure Johnny can revise your tune for free. :smt023

I would also go with a 2600 stall.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts
MAF or MAFia needs to be added to the list (unless you want to learn another lesson and do this all over again)

what compression ratio are you going to run??

and x2 on what cttopgun asked about pulleys?

·
DSGFTW
5,016 Posts
I plan on doing along the same thing your doing.

Im gunna do a good strong shortblock with ARP studs
Keep the stock heads and get them ported
PSI or Comps stage 2 cams
2800-3000 stall
and a Magnum Powers with a cog setup

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
honestly... Id go with a 2800... everyone always says damn... shoulda went 400 higher...

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MAF or MAFia needs to be added to the list (unless you want to learn another lesson and do this all over again)

what compression ratio are you going to run??

and x2 on what cttopgun asked about pulleys?

Already got one sitting here brand new ready to go......

so how much boost could a 2.7 and an 8 lber push? yeah, I'll have to get a new tune though..... silly me!:smt021

already got a 30 lb boost gauge though![smilie=om

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
If Jim's MP engine didn't make 24#'s there just isn't anyway that you can make it with a MP with good heads...The bright side is that it isn't necessary and your engine will be bad ass...Higher compression is getting awfully popular on our engines.

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I also have an upgraded i/c system to help.

what do you have besides the JLP street tank??
Dual Pass Heat exchanger is already installed!:p

If Jim's MP engine didn't make 24#'s there just isn't anyway that you can make it with a MP with good heads...The bright side is that it isn't necessary and your engine will be bad ass...Higher compression is getting awfully popular on our engines.
so what kind of pulleys/ boost numbers are those MP owners using/seeing???

Only local ones I've heard have had tuning issues with theirs??:smt102

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
21psi is the highest i've heard of with an MP. I'm at 18psi (19psi in good air) with a 6 lower and 2.75 upper. Try finding one of the one off 2.6 upper's and an 11lb lower, and maybe you can see more boost.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts
Dual Pass Heat exchanger is already installed!:p
so you have 2 pieces down only 3 pieces to og

I'm talking upgraded pump, lines (also relocated) and an upgraded core...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
15 Participants
exracr
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing