Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran a [email protected] on my about worn out nitto's!! Second run the truck shut off at about the 60ft mark. Don't know whether I broke the porcelain on plug or over-reved it, will have to talk to JLP about it. I had 3/8's tank of fuel, so I don't think the fuel got washed away from the pumps?
Didn't even get a chance to test the race side, but I was close to the cut off point with the street side. I'm pretty sure with slicks I would have been in the 11.5-11.4 range! (Cecil is getting strict about the rules!!)
Guess I'll be pulling plug's tomorrow night, my favorite job!! :LOL
Has anyone on here bought C16 lately? I paid $11+/gallon for the stuff! [smilie=eek4.gif]
Bryan

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chimshady1 said:
Azz kickin times!!!!!!!Congrats!!!!!!I hope to be there someday. What kind of mods and H.P you got?
Thanks!!
JLP short block, heads, cams, dynatech lt header's and cat's, KB, and 2400 stall, #60 inj's, jlp plenum, accufab tb, diablo flip chip. 560/630 for power still not able to hook it all up, so I'm plenty happy for now, with my driving skills. Still can't manage better than a 1.84/60ft!! Don't have money for the slick's or cage, so I guess I'll stick to the street side for now.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Nice Nmbers [smilie=bow.gif] [smilie=bow.gif] [smilie=bow.gif]

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
Real nice times :cheers:

·
Registered
427 Posts
bglanden said:
JLP short block, heads, cams, dynatech lt header's and cat's, KB, and 2400 stall, #60 inj's, jlp plenum, accufab tb, diablo flip chip.   560/630 for power still not able to hook it all up, so I'm plenty happy for now, with my driving skills.  Still can't manage better than a 1.84/60ft!!  Don't have money for the slick's or cage, so I guess I'll stick to the street side for now.
Nice numbers!! and congrats on the new Best.
We have almost the exact same mods, except I have stock heads.
Stage 2 cams going in hopefully this weekend, 255 pumps next weekend, then finish up my SCT tune and I will be waiting for my new Bogarts to get here and I will be ready for the track also.
Congrats again !!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone!!
Bob,
I had about the same #'s, slightly more torque. Johnny changed the shift points to a much more usable point, guess he didn't trust me to break the truck in properly!! :LOL

KBzilla,
Your gonna love the cams!! You don't want the bogart's though, so just send them down to me!! :D

PS- Don't run your truck with less than 3/8's of a tank, I was actually at a 1/4 tank last night (on the second pass) and it caused my truck to stall!! [smilie=eek4.gif]
Bryan

·
Administrator
18,554 Posts
Good times, congratulations. On the fuel issue I wonder what it would take to have a sump, or baffle installed to feed the pickup better?
Ill bet a lot of people have done damage due to sucking air at the pump with less fuel.
Jim

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ct.TOPGUN said:
Good times, congratulations. On the fuel issue I wonder what it would take to have a sump, or baffle installed to feed the pickup better?
Ill bet a lot of people have done damage due to sucking air at the pump with less fuel.
    Jim
It'll definently hurt your pride!! I ran a 41 second pass on that one! [smilie=eek4.gif] Baffles would probably work, I think most people would just use a fuel cell though. Never had this problem with stock motor and pumps, but I wasn't going as fast forcing the fluid backwards!! I'm just glad the problem was so simple.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
[smilie=bow.gif] @ [email protected]

CONGRATS BRYAN, WOO HOO............ :cheers:
At 560/630, you have not even begun to get into the range of ET you can acheive
GO MAN GO :smt026

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rob_02Lightning said:
[smilie=bow.gif] @ [email protected]

CONGRATS BRYAN, WOO HOO............  :cheers:
At  560/630, you have not even begun to get into the range of ET you can acheive
GO MAN GO  :smt026
Thanks Rob!!
I know she can go faster... I just ran out of money for the rest of mod's. I can't get the slick's or cage right now so I'll have to stick with the 11.50 envelope. :sad: I'm sure there was a flat 11 on the race side I left on the plate. The funny part is the tech's didn't even check me for a ds loop, but I'm sure they would have kicked me off the track if I ran too fast.
Did you ever notice how much more it cost's to go a few tenth's faster? I don't think many people realize the cost or the amount of work to achieve faster time's. Guy's at work rag me because I don't have a 10 second truck with all the money I sunk into it. They alway's say,"I know somebody....... that has a 9 second something or other" Most of them are Hemi owner's that still think they have a chance running against me and have no idea how fast their truck's would run!
God I hate bench racer's and wantabee's!!
Later,
Bryan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats man! She's going to be a beast when you get her all sorted out.

I hear ya about the comments. The people that have NO CLUE about racing are the people that are the most vocal and closed minded about it. I knew a guy with a hemi truck, and he still thinks he can run me. I mean he did do all the MAJOR mods. Air filter, exhaust, and EVEN a computer chip! I mean that thing started at 340hp so now he's got to be pushing 500hp! hahaha, donkeys!

·
Banned
749 Posts
nice numbers... i just picked up my prostars with slicks and hope to be in the mid 11's i would be very happy with those numbers.. good luck with your ride...

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whip said:
Congrats man!  She's going to be a beast when you get her all sorted out.

I hear ya about the comments.  The people that have NO CLUE about racing are the people that are the most vocal and closed minded about it.  I knew a guy with a hemi truck, and he still thinks he can run me.  I mean he did do all the MAJOR mods.  Air filter, exhaust, and EVEN a computer chip!  I mean that thing started at 340hp so now he's got to be pushing 500hp!  hahaha, donkeys!
Well, they do drive a HEMI! I've seen them eat top fuel dragster's on TV!!LOL! I just can't get over how brainwashed they get. :LOL
Bryan

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hostile03SVT said:
nice numbers... i just picked up my prostars with slicks and hope to be in the mid 11's i would be very happy with those numbers..  good luck with your ride...
Thanks Hostile!!
I was trying to get the bogart's, prior to MapleGrove, but ran in to fundage problem's! :D I really want to remove as much weight as I can and believe removal of unsprung weight helps alot. Best of luck with your quest for faster times too!! :smt023
Bryan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts