Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may be behind the times on this. I used Netflix for ages which had no adds. We just recently subscribed to Hulu and I saw a commercial for a new F150 lightning. I dismissed it as just an electric F150 but upon looking real close into the commercial I noticed the lady walked through a garage with many years of ford trucks from classic to modern. There was a black Ford SVT Lightning parked in the middle to the right and as she looked at it she stated "to take the legendary and turn it into something revolutionary". Is it me or did that seemed like a hint towards a modern electric/luxury performance truck?

I couldn't really find much else on it. Maybe I'm not researching the right places but it seems ford is teasing from behind a curtain.

·
Registered
660 Posts
They should be officially unveiling it soon. Frankly, I'm excited with the performance it might offer, even though it likely won't be a regular cab, short bed "sport truck".

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,900 Posts
Been discussed heavily already. Not interested in no silent but deadly Lightning. Thanks, but no thanks.

·
10,900 Posts
It won't drive me crazy. I'll just be thinking, "what a sap!" LOL!

Reactions: 2001SVT

·
Registered
330 Posts
It’s likely to be the fastest production ford truck ever, who wouldn’t like that?
Define "Like".

"Like" as in: "I would like a pickup to use as my daily, run errands, haul random things, and I can work around whatever mileage limits the battery has?" Then yes, I would absolutely like one if the price is right.

"Like" as in: "I would like a performance vehicle that is collectable and has alot of character. Something that will turn heads and can be pass down to my kid?"
Not so much.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Define "Want".

"Want" as in: "I'm in the market for a pickup to use as my daily, run errands, haul random things, and I can work around whatever mileage limits the battery has?" Then yes, I would absolutely buy one if the price is right.

"Want" as in: "I'm in the market for a performance vehicle that is collectable and has alot of character. Something that will turn heads and can be pass down to my kid?"
Not so much.

Ah, but I never said want. I asked who wouldn’t like the fastest production ford truck ever produced?

My next car is very likely EV, but I keep cars a while and my SS only has 60k miles on it, I’m probably good for another five years or so, imagine how good battery tech will be then….and instant torque…..and less moving parts to break…..like I said though, I’m probably five years out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't see where @sixty3 , whom you quoted, ever used the word 'want'...big difference between 'like' and 'want'.
Touche. I fixed it.
The point I was going for is the drive behind terminology of "who wouldn't like that". In that context it immediately makes one contemplate "Can I see myself driving / buying a this" based on the fact that it may be the fastest f150 ever built.

I was merely adding additional context for thought to go beyond just it's power / performance.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

Reactions: sixty3

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Touche. I fixed it.
The point I was going for is the drive behind terminology of "who wouldn't like that". In that context it immediately makes one contemplate "Can I see myself driving / buying a this" based on the fact that it may be the fastest f150 ever built.

I was merely adding additional context for thought to go beyond just it's power / performance.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard.
Mostly just breaking your stones! ;)

Will it be interesting from a performance standpoint...probably.

Is Ford 'bastardizing' names that hold some degree of performance cachet to sell EVs...definitely.

Will any hardcore 'petrol head' or hardcore Gen 1/Gen 2 owner likely buy one...jury's still out on that one but I'm leaning towards no.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
If its not part of SVT programn, than its not a "Lightning". They are cashing in on the name drop n its prior success. SVT is what made these Lightnings!

·
10,900 Posts
FUGLY!!

Reactions: 2001SVT and rkupon1

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you watch the stupid promo video Ford put out a few days ago, you can catch a 1g and 2g parked next to each other on the right towards the end of the vid.

I figured Ford wouldn't be able to resist tieing genuine Lightnings to this blasphemous nonsense.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

·
local painter
3,224 Posts
They said price point starting at under 40k... seriously 🤯
For an F-150 that looks like an amazing truck. I feel like the marketing department prostituted the L badge to sell the work trucks. Too many doors. Not limited production. Not really race inspired. But definitely a bad ass F-150. I want one..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts